battle for wello pt lost, the WAR continues...

netmaker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a good meeting yesterday with mr pr man. he has done some nice work in the last week. it is now likely that an association will be formed representing the interests of qld rego paying boaties. it makes a lot of sense to me. a lot of work has gone into this 1 action and we haven't even got to the bbq yet! i would hate to have to go through the same stuff in another 5 years time or see someone else start again. so the best way to be prepared is to remain prepared by keeping the list growing. there are 256000 registered boats in qld. if even a small percentage were to join an association there are a lot of names for petitions and sending emails and the like. a web site will be under way soon which i hope will be operational by bbq time. in saying that, be patient as the trial has not yet commenced and runs for 3 months. and we still want more participants before the day.

cheers

hi all. another good meeting with pr man. first bulletin on way out tonight/tomorrow. bit of a fact sheet so you have some material to use for sending emails. polished looking product.

tomorrow i have no work on so will be printing off new improved flyers, petitions and contact detail forms. then drop off at all redlands tackle shops. also will register a domain name.

another 3 signed up today and i kicked off my petition with 12 signatures which i was pretty chuffed with as i only did 11 returns!

well. a good day today. printed new flyers, petitions and contact detail forms and distributed to all redland tackle shops. first email bulletin has been sent out. i think pr man has done a great job. also registered the domain name: rampitup.net.au. dont bother going there. nothing to see yet...

another bbq attendee today too - thats 87.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

hi all. great result today. we did the boaties market this morning. we spoke to a lot of people and harrassed many into signing petitions and providing contact details. stayed till stumps and here's the scores:

save our spit petition signatures: 86

council to manage parking petition: 108

new ramp it up contacts: 106

gunna be one helluva barby

• 2 weeks later...

I got a telephone call this arvo from a mob doing a survey on satisfaction with redlands council.

Last question was what are the 5 most important things that council should look at.

Ist answer. More trailer parking at Wello.

2nd answer. more trailer parking at weinam creek.

3rd more trailer parking at viccy point.

4th fix the permanent potholes in main st redland bay.

5th fix the above and i will be a happy ratepayer.

If you live in the redlands be prepared for a phone call and do not hang up on them which i normally do.

Cheers

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

this looks like it will be a real circus and redland city council will look like a bunch of clowns. my enquiries to wendy boglary as to how this trial was to be measured and what would constitute a success or a failure got me this reply:

The recommendation from officers is that as there is no budget approved for information to be collected the assessment will only consist of

· -local laws carrying out normal regulated parking enforcement and monitoring

· Customer complaints.

this has got to be some sort of a joke. how is anything in the above going to measure anything?

are we to believe our council can run a multimillion dollar budget and a population of 150000 odd but are yet to learn how to manage a car park?

• 1 month later...

Archived