Fish Finder Help and other equipment

sprintcardude

G'Day Gents,

last night my father and myself bidded on a 16 foot silverline and won. So i can proudly say that i now own a boat and am very excited to be a professional fishermen now that i am able to access the open ocean :D.

Now we have the boat i have been given the mission to get all the new bling to help us fish the ocean.

I have a few question.

Firstly: Cast net.

I am after a good sized cast net so that i can go to some spots i have in mind to get bait. so all i am after is your opion on a recommended brand and size of the net.

Secondly:Fish Finder

I am after a good fish finder that is easy to use and also good quality so that i can easly find good fishing destinations.

Lastly: Live bait well

I am not 100% weather it is worth it so i am wondering what you opion is about them. I am wondering if they are worth all the scuffle to get them.

All help is very much apreciated.

Cheers Justin

my max price for the sounder is between 0-600 dollars. Thanks for help with the castnet.

If you look at a sounder/GPS combo as your eyes and ears in your boat i don't recon you could past one of those Ratmarine Dragonfly's that Reel Tackle have.

He has the best prices and it's definately worth spending the extra couple of dollars on one as they come with over $300.00 worth of Maps

If your planning on fishing live bait, you need a live bait tank otherwise your bait will die. The consistant circulation is the key. I think I saw a diy bait tank and installation for your boat a few months ago with an esky....

ill try find it

cheers

Cast net, well for me thats has just been trial and error, you choose.

As for the sounder, the ultimate combo for me would have to be the lowrance hds7 it has a chart plotter and all the other good stuff!! Absolutely flaw less combo as it has a wicked sized screen and is really easy to get your head around. Little bit pricey but well worth it!!! :silly:

And i wouldn't say a bait well is crucial.

But you have some serious fun to have!!

Cheers Jack

Archived