Gold Coast

Mul87

Water temp dropped to 19 degrees during the week but is back up to 21 degrees today.

I was out last Sunday thru the Seaway and down to Mermaid. Very quiet except for numerous schools of undersize Tailor smashing small bait. The bait was everywhere. Most was concentrated from Sth Straddie down to Narrowneck.

Plenty of boats on Palmy this morning bit i don't know if any fish got caught.

Marty

There has been some monsters off the North Seaway wall I presume to be Kings. Floated a couple of Live Mullet about 15cm down the inner seaway wall a couple of days ago lost both.

1ST hit it and went straight for cover ((((((Bang)))))) 50lb braid/60lb leader

2nd hit it took off and smashed me 100m up the wall.

Both would of been much bigger than I could of landed there anyways

Watched another Asian fella popping out near the end and he also got smoked.

So if its shit outside you might have some more luck than me in the seaway with the advantage of a boat and a decent stick to extract these buggers..... Just a thought....

Yea was realy hard going I took the tinny out for heaps of live bait. I trolled from the sea way all the way to mermaid and then headed out to the gravel batch. Dropped some livies down and still didn't get a thing. Don't think the marlin have come down Gc just yet. Water temp was only 22.3. Think next trip will be round the cape load more fish been pulled from there of late

Archived