Yaking around brisbane

merrick

Hi,

I have been fishing for many years, done all types of fishing, however i have only recently just got into kayaking.

When i say recent, i actually purchased mine several years ago, and it wasn't until my sister was up here on a holiday i showed her it, and realised that there was a considerable amount of dust on it - from lack of use :)

Anyway, I live in Spring Hill, and will be able to travel to just about anywhere (hey I'll give Baroon Pocket a bash one day) - however, is there a nice place thats not all that far away from the CBD that's is easy to get a tub in and out? (without everyone being able to watch me make a fool out of myself :P

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Anywhere in the creek at Bowen Hills, just past the Royal Brisbane. About 2 or 3 k's from your place. Downey park runs along there, a few access points throughout the park, or you could go over to Albion and launch from the boat ramp in front of Whitworth Marine (Same creek, name changes along it though, Enogerah Creek, Breakfast creek).

Hey thanks! I have forgotten about behind the RBH, but then again all the NSBT work, it maybe abit hazardous.

However jetty's and pontoons that are set up for kayaking looks interesting! Must check that out.

Thanks for all the replies.

Stupid question of the day No #2 Rust.

I know kayaks (and canoes) are mostly composites, however is it a big usual with salt water and sticking it on top (on in my case a ute) on the back?

Archived