No Longer Just Land Running .......

Luke Landrunner

Purchased a Revo13 off Sparksie, thanks again mate.

I've managed to get out several times to fish the Noosa river, peddle power is awesome. 

Five minutes into maiden voyage I hooked up to this feisty fella. 

image.jpegOn another day I broke my cherry of whiting on surface and a 39cm horse at that. The conditions were perfect to cast onto the flats and then over the drop off and about ten metres to the yak. Hooked a pb GT although it was such a long fight he only got a selfie with yours truly and returned without a measure. Then boated a 37cm whiting and hooked another 35ish GT. image.jpegimage.jpegChanged things up and started at the back of the sound on another outing as the woods were only dishing up smaller trevaly and managed a good 40cm GT as well as a fat bream on a px35 I hadn't used for a while. 

Went out this morning and as I was launching from the woods bay car park, I spent some time in the bay as it was glassed out. 

Again I hooked up what WAS a 20ish Trev and noticed the brief fight then turn "different".image.jpegimage.jpegThe poor fella got pinned in the forehead and then lost feeling in his tail....

First time the tax man has visited me ( seen a bully breach and a big splash another day) and in an estuary too!

Threw the px55 back in for a nice 45cm tailor and decided to move on. 

Tried for some more whiting but only managed this ugly fella at 65cm. image.jpegSorry for the long post. 

And it's probably been done, but called the yak Hobie Wan Kenobi.......

image.jpeg

Thanks for reporting. Getting some quality time from @Sparksie's yak can be expected - it's got a bit of mojo. from memory.

That first fish is a pike and that other 65cm toothy critter is a Long Tom. You can get some good air time with them on occasions. (Not sure if you knew or not :) )

Nice lunker whiting too.

You're killing it !

I would suggest a brassy trevally? All the same would have gone hard and given you plenty of curry, especially if you'd taken it home to make curry with. Nice whiting there, you'd take them all day long at that size!

glad you're enjoying the yak mate. Has kept me well fed on many occasions, glad the mojo carried over.

make sure you have the proper ceremony to change a vessel's name too. When launching you smash the bottle on the front of the boat but when changing name you personally have to try and smash a whole bottle in one night... ;)

13 hours ago, Luvit said:

The yak will open up so many new opportunities. Great report. 

I can't help wondering if you are safe in  yak. Haven't fallen out of it yet, have you?:whistle:

Haha Wayne , no quite stable and sitting on my ass helps...

12 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Top report, some great action and I can guarantee you it wasn't too long (try reading my rambles about 1 fish, or more often zero fish ..... ;)).  That trevally isn't a GT but I'm not sure what it is - possibly a tea leaf off the top of my head? Someone? Keep enjoying the yak mate!

Yeah  you're right about being a tea leaf, Giants have a steep nose.

Too excited at its size and fight and thought it to be a geet.

10 hours ago, ellicat said:

Thanks for reporting. Getting some quality time from @Sparksie's yak can be expected - it's got a bit of mojo. from memory.

That first fish is a pike and that other 65cm toothy critter is a Long Tom. You can get some good air time with them on occasions. (Not sure if you knew or not :) )

Nice lunker whiting too.

You're killing it !

Yep, the Long Tom wasn't happy with several jumps gathering attention from people near by.

Archived