NPD 13/9/17

rayke1938

Went with Don and Graham for a foggy start.

Good thing we had the GPS to find our way out of the bay.

Still plenty of fish on live shrimp. We picked up over 30 at first drop all around the 40cm mark but about 1/4 of them had varying degrees of fin rot.

Looks like the water quality could be dropping with a lot of green slime up close to the ramp and lots of algae particles in the water further downstream. Hope we are not in for an outbreak of blue green algae which would result in the closure of the dam whilst it is fishing so well.

Sorry no fish photos as we were too busy catching fish.

Total of 105 after running out of bait.

Cheers

Ray

001.JPG

002.JPG

Nice that they are fishing well. I hope the pesky green snot weed doesnt take hold. 

Do you need to buy a special mount for the electric motor? I have one that I was going to put on my stupid yellow boat and want a use for it but I dont know how I would attach it to my tinny. Thinking of heading to Hinze.

3 hours ago, Luc53 said:

If the bow section of your boat is flat, you can bolt the bowmount directly to it. otherwise you may need to have a flat piece of aluminium welded on to give a suitable bolting area.

You have just saved me thousands. I didn't know you could bolt it to the front of the boat. My tinny is a car topper and has a perfectly flat bow section. Ok. This weeks project is to mount this and build a proper housing for sounder battery and sounder and housing for the electric battery..... I hope this doesn't overweight my boat again.... !

11 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

and hYou have just saved me thousands. I didn't know you could bolt it to the front of the boat. My tinny is a car topper and has a perfectly flat bow section. Ok. This weeks project is to mount this and build a proper housing for sounder battery and sounder ousing for the electric battery..... I hope this doesn't overweight my boat again.... !

DropBear, When we put the MotorGuide on our boat I think it's now a bit heavy for the

15hp merc. Will be looking to upgrade it in a couple of years.

Gets on the plane but struggles. The leccy more than makes up for that

disadvantage I think.

Cheers

Gary

Archived