G*&%$&@ King Retains His Crown - An Alternate Report .....

kmcrosby78

There is a famous saying - there's three sides to any story, Steve's side, my side and the truth .......

As alluded to by @Old Scaley in his report, we went fishing together in the bay today under the guise of chasing mackerel, but I think he worked out quite quickly that the mackerel were not around and it was in fact a sneaky ploy by me to challenge him for his title of 'Grinner King'. I was confident early - I had two in the esky (I keep them for bait or crab bait) by the time he met me on the water and I picked up two more before we changed tack and headed off to Green Island to try our luck. I gave Steve two to use for fresh bait, we each anchored, tried our luck, then checked in with each other before heading back to the ramp, and low and behold the Grinner King had dragged himself up off the canvas and, as the current titleholder, retained his crown by drawing level with me on a total of 4. And wasn't he grinning ....... :)   Til next time Grinner King - I'm going to have to go back to the drawing books and fine-tune my methods .....

Archived