This beautiful shimano sedona fi c2000hgs reel just arrived in the mail and paided only $80 bucks with postage!!

5ac6c2edcfcd3_IMG_5672(1).thumb.JPG.4d4b69b522225f098d712a04263a08e0.JPG

Now i need to decided which rod for about $100 bucks i am going to pair with this fella? Still cant make up my mind??? recommend me a good light 2 piece spin rod to me, i am getting people recommending me diawa i went to tackle world and a few other stores and they say dont even bother with diawa and said it was a sh#t fight for warranty? So diawa it really not what im going for.

Good buy there for $80 posted. How about a rapala maxwell. I haven't used one but a mate has one and likes it. Just under $100 posted form here once you use the $20 off your first order. They have them in 1-3kg or 2-4kg.

http://www.sneakyfisho.com/rapala-maxwell-msx702l-2-4kg-spin-rod

EDIT: Just read the small print and you have to spend $150 to get the $20 off.

3 minutes ago, fishinfox said:

Good buy there for $80 posted. How about a rapala maxwell. I haven't used one but a mate has one and likes it. Just under $100 posted form here once you use the $20 off your first order. They have them in 1-3kg or 2-4kg.

Looks sharp!! kind of like the shimano maikuro. Which model does he have and would a 1-3kg or a 2-4kg be more suitable for 6lb??

6 minutes ago, fishinfox said:

one guy is selling them for $104 ://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rapala-Maxwell-7-2pc-1-3-kg-30-Ton-Graphite-Blank-Spin-Fishing-Rod-MXS702UL/292446311934?epid=4014790583&hash=item44172895fe:g:JfgAAOSwU9RagPqA

It is rare to have to claim warranty on a rod and if you do break one typically they will say it's user error.

So I wouldn't let that put you off Daiwa rods if there is one you like in your price bracket.

Nearly all my reels are Shimano and nearly all my rods are Daiwa with a a couple of exceptions.

3 minutes ago, Luvit said:

It is rare to have to claim warranty on a rod and if you do break one typically they will say it's user error.

So I wouldn't let that put you off Daiwa rods if there is one you like in your price bracket.

Nearly all my reels are Shimano and nearly all my rods are Daiwa with a a couple of exceptions.

could you recommend me anything i honestly have no clue what to get because one person tells me one thing then the next person tells me otherwise!!!

As a starting point, you have done well by selecting the right size reel for the species you want to target and the line class.

A rod in either 1-3kg or 2-4kg as @fishinfox suggested will work well with that size reel.

From shore, a longer rod is an advantage for casting distance but a bit harder to handle in a Kayak. So going for a compromise between the two for length say a 5'6-6ft rod.

My preference would be a 1-3kg rod. I use this for bass and it would be suitable for all of the species you are after, except possibly a big Flathead will give you a good workout.

For flicking lures a fast taper rod will load better for flicking lures but most spinning rods in this line class will throw lures reasonably. 

Carbon rods have more feel but are more expensive and fragile. If you have not used one before, look up high sticking this is the death of them.

A good quality fibreglass, or composite rod will do the trick.

I think if you ask a couple of tackle shops what they recommend based on 1-3kg, 5-6" long, 2 piece spin rod for throwing light lures with your reel there should be plenty under $100.

In this size rod I used to use a shimano T curve 1-3kg. They are out of your price range new, but if you can get one second hand about $100 dollars. Now I use a Nordic stage Aerial Jaeger, you can get these second hand for $100-150.

Be wary when you get advice from tackle stores about certain brands as it could just be that they don't stock them ...... I just took a quick look at the Tackleworld site and from what I can tell they don't sell Daiwa stuff, could be wrong. I'm no rod expert but have heard good things about the Pfleuger Trions. Or send @angus a PM and see if he has any Nordic Stage Favourites going cheap.

If your happy using 7 ft in a kayak then the options open up even further.

As you said in the  below post

44 minutes ago, Benjamin gorge mchuges said:

could you recommend me anything i honestly have no clue what to get because one person tells me one thing then the next person tells me otherwise!!!

I am the next person telling you otherwise:lol: Seriously each person has their own preference and there is no one way to enjoy fishing. I can only recommend what I have used which the 2 rods I listed and then general information about the type of rod to look for. Trusting the person you are buying from with their experience and recommendation is how I buy rods and this is usually from a local tackle shop.

1 minute ago, Luvit said:

If your happy using 7 ft in a kayak then the options open up even further.

As you said in the  below post

I am the next person telling you otherwise:lol: Seriously each person has their own preference and there is no one way to enjoy fishing. I can only recommend what I have used which the 2 rods I listed and then general information about the type of rod to look for. Trusting the person you are buying from with their experience and recommendation is how I buy rods and this is usually form a local tackle shop.

in my area we have bcf, anaconda, tackle world, barra jacks and bluefin sport.

It's a pity you not close by otherwise could have lent you a couple of rods to try out.

It really does depend on the staff in each shop that makes it good or not. I have found Tackleworld quite good in most places, but I have not been into the one in your region. In stores like BCF and Anaconda they can have a high turn over of staff which makes it hard to get consistent advice. If you do settle on a make and model BCF have some good sales just look out for them.  

2 minutes ago, Luvit said:

It's a pity you not close by otherwise could have lent you a couple of rods to try out.

It really does depend on the staff in each shop that makes it good or not. I have found Tackleworld quite good in most places, but I have not been into the one in your region. In stores like BCF and Anaconda they can have a high turn over of staff which makes it hard to get consistent advice. If you do settle on a make and model BCF have some good sales just look out for them.  

I currently am looking at 3 rods a pfluger asaro 1-3kg 7foot 2piece/Diawa aird x 2-4kg 7foot 2piece and a shimano maikuro 2-4kg 7foot 2piece. the asaro and maikuro cost smack on $100 but currently anglers warehouse have aird x rods for $87.

2 hours ago, Benjamin gorge mchuges said:

Looks sharp!! kind of like the shimano maikuro. Which model does he have and would a 1-3kg or a 2-4kg be more suitable for 6lb??

He's got the 1-3kg paired up with a 1000 sustain. I think both would be fine with 6lb. The 2-4kg rod is a little stiffer and may be better suited for what you are after. You really need to try your reel on the rod you want to buy, so worth checking what your local tackle stores have any in stock or any of the rods you are thinking of. If a used nordic stage jaeger comes up for sale though, buy it. Awesome rods and will suit your reel perfectly.

Archived