Peter Faust Trip

Darren Keep

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice barra mate, well done!   Where is home if you don't mind my asking. I grew up in Dysart and fished around Mackay but never Peter Faust Dam, although we did randomly visit it once very briefly while we were in the area. @natang it is west of Airlie Beach or north of Mackay.

Hi crosby home is Grantham near toowoomba the Dam is 25 klm west of Proserpine

I'd allow 1.5 to 2 days drive from Bris.

You can get there faster but you'd be stuffed from continuous driving.

Many years ago, did Brisbane to Townsville in one hit (3 drivers) but the time saved travelling was then used up recovering from the driving.

Ideally, plan a 2 to 3 weeks multy dam trip circuit doing coastal dams up and inland dams back.

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Wow awesome mate. Some crackers!!! 

At first I thought you were in the Hinchenbrook channel. Silly me. 

I didn't know about that dam. I just read up on it a bit. I'd love to do a trip like that. 

https://www.queensland.com/en-au/attraction/peter-faust-dam

Thanks for the post. How many hours from Brisbane to there? 

Hi Drop Bear its 13 hrs for me, so would take you 11hrs probally. Yeah i have done a bit of Freshwater Barra fishing but Peter Faust is the first dam were some of the BARRA look like Saltwater fish

23 hours ago, Luc53 said:

I'd allow 1.5 to 2 days drive from Bris.

You can get there faster but you'd be stuffed from continuous driving.

Many years ago, did Brisbane to Townsville in one hit (3 drivers) but the time saved travelling was then used up recovering from the driving.

Ideally, plan a 2 to 3 weeks multy dam trip circuit doing coastal dams up and inland dams back.

That sounds like a great trip!

Archived