Getting some jews!!

brisbanebound

Can I just say the fishing at Teneriffe the last couple of days has been awesome.

Took the father in law out the other night and landed my first Jewfish.

As usual didnt have my camera but if anyone wants the pic give us a text and I'll send it through.

I beleive they are legal at 55cm? Anyway reckoned he was in and around that region, 2 to 3 IIbs but decided to put him back beautiful fish, small when you consider how big they get.

Later on that night we were into constant attack by crabs. I managed to land a small mud crab but lost a couple of huge ones, cutting the line or letting go just before landing.

Took my pal out last night who has lived in Brissy for 2 years now where he finally managed to catch a fish other than a whiting. A nice estuary cod around 40cm, again we put it back.

Just when I thought it wasnt going to be my night, wham, another jew, this time I would say around 60 cm.

I dont know what it is about the Jews, I just coulnt bring myself to take them home, I must be going soft! :blush:

Anyway, managed to get totally smoked by god knows what an hour later so when the tide strated to go out to far, we just sat and finished our beers, bringing the tone of the neighbourhood right down.

Brilliant sessions and really am falling in love with Brissy and her river.

In the 3 months ive been here, ive landed Jewfish, Snapper, Cod, Bream (heaps of), Pike Eel, Mud Crab and a special mention to the good old catfish!!

All in the space of 100 yards of my front door. I must be dreaming!! B)

Tight lines folks! :fishing:

Cheers lads.

All fish have been caught on a 5 foot Big W rod, 10 pound line using whole small pilchards or prawns.

Really keen to take it to the next level though. Will have to invest in new gear as well as a bait catcher. Been told they are quite effective in getting small herring.

Also, just what the hell do you do when you land a big muddy?? :ohmy:

Even the small one I landed had claws like fists. Luckily for me he tucked himself in so made it easy to handle.

I wouldnt like to be on a small tinny with one of them coming at your bare feet!! :blink:

flatty_catcher wrote:

hey Brisbane bound about time you got a camera so we can have a look at some pics..:)

Dan

PM me your number and I'll send you them, they are on my phone.

Im reluctant to take the digi now, because when I do, nothing happens, when I dont, it always ends up better.

I may be going out tonight or in the morning, havent decided yet, but if I do, scoys honour, will take my camera!

Archived