boat ramps Security for cars

rexy

mate, see the thread "brisbane river INSECURITIES" posted in the all brisbane rivers and creeks reports section. i still believe it is the safest bet around, however, as i found out, nothing will stop some of the scum in this world. i will be taking to leaving the car unlocked with the imobilizer active, maybe a plug or two disconnected and nothing of any value in the car. it sucks, but such is the world we live in. :(

Here are some of the options that i know

• Rudy Maas Marina

Cabbage Tree Point Road, Cabbage Tree Point Security for cars $10.00

• Horizon Shores Marina

Cabbage Tree Point Road, Cabbage Tree Point also $10.00

• Join moreton bay trailer boat club
/>http://www.mbtbc.com/ I am a member there first year am going to renew

cheers

I suspect you will find that there are no safe spots to leave your car.

Here's a suggestion or 2.

1. Leave the family rottweiler in the car and make sure he's not fed.

2. Leave the family german shepherd in the car and make sure he's not fed.

3. Leave the family lion in the car and make sure he's not fed.

Just make sure you leave the animal in the glove box so that the thieves get a nice surprise.

kreel wrote:

I suspect you will find that there are no safe spots to leave your car.

Here's a suggestion or 2.

1. Leave the family rottweiler in the car and make sure he's not fed.

2. Leave the family german shepherd in the car and make sure he's not fed.

3. Leave the family lion in the car and make sure he's not fed.

Just make sure you leave the animal in the glove box so that the thieves get a nice surprise.

This reminds me of a funny story I heard about 2 rival pro fishermen near bundy. As the story goes one set his nets in the others "area" only to suffer the consequences of having the anchor rope cut and find his net wash around and across the rocks that run along most of the budny coast line..

As retribution the pro knowing that the culprit always kept a rottie or similar in his car as an any theft measure,laced a couple of kgs of sausages with laxets and threw them through the open window of other pro’s 4wd. Naturally the dog couldn’t resist. :huh::blink: :X

The next day there was a neat hand written message simply saying “you win†:(

Apparently the Rottie sprayed 5hit from one end of the 4wd to the other. What it missed with its involuntary / uncontrolable bodily movement it made for over the ensuing hours by walking through it and spreading every where, seats, upholstery, windows, carpets as it patrolled the inside of the 4WD

Ps the dog was ok. :)

I know its a pain in the @ss that we have to worry about stuff like this happening, but here are a couple of suggestions I make.

1. Preferably lock and secure your vehicle in a compound. At said about $10 a night is good value.

2. Park vehicle where people are likely to be around. Park under street lights.

3. Leave glovebox and centre console open so grubs can see there is nothing of value worth pinching.

4. Use steering wheel locks, alarm lights etc to further deter the grub from stealing your car.

Bottom line is if they want it they will take it, but try and comvey the message that its much harder to steal than the ones next to it.

bootyinblue wrote:

I know its a pain in the @ss that we have to worry about stuff like this happening, but here are a couple of suggestions I make.

1. Preferably lock and secure your vehicle in a compound. At said about $10 a night is good value.

2. Park vehicle where people are likely to be around. Park under street lights.

3. Leave glovebox and centre console open so grubs can see there is nothing of value worth pinching.

4. Use steering wheel locks, alarm lights etc to further deter the grub from stealing your car.

Bottom line is if they want it they will take it, but try and comvey the message that its much harder to steal than the ones next to it.

Spot on booty i would have been happier if they took my advice :P :P

Archived