MEMBER REQUESTS

rayke1938

i HAVE 2 SUGGESTIONS

1. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ACCESS A MEMBERS PROFILE BY CLICKING ON THEIR ID WHEN VIEWING A FORUM ARTICLE?

2. THIS IS RELATED TO QUESTION 1 WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO PUBLISH SOME GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERS MAKING REQUESTS RE FISHING LOCATIONS? i am not being picky but it would help if we knew if the member had to rely on public transport or if they had a car and if they had water transport ir boat kayak etc. In the end i think that this would be helpfull to everyone. What do you think?

Maybe we need to expand the members profile section but i note that a lot of members do not even provide information that is requested.

ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/12/11 17:59

I think when someone signs up to a forum (this happens in any fishing forum mind you) and asks a blanket question such as \"I've just moved to Brisbane, where do I go fishing?\". Such a question deserves a highly technical answer, such as, in the river/ocean etc... When really if you look through the reports you can get a good idea of places that have worked for other ppl... Admittedly there isn't too much in our location section yet, but I'm sure it'll expand before too long:)

That said I don't want to be a party pooper, and we want to encourage new members, but sometimes I think people need to be a little more specific and maybe try some things out for themselves instead of just lining up for freebies...:side:

I agree that we should help all members as I believe that is part of our philosophy and if we do respond to one paticular members request all members who read the reply also benefit and usually add a bit nore.

Its just that we have a large diversity of fishing options in our area and its not helpfull to the member making the request if the response is not pertinent to their needs.

Ray

Re the profiles Ray this is a good idea.

However after looking at a large sample of members profile you tend to find they fill in the minimun ammount required. This the information you are seeking would more than likely not exist either way.

But we will look into it. I guess if they want to ask question's it would be in their best interest to fill out their profiles thoroughly!

Regards.

Angus

Ray

1. In a forum article you can click the little icon in the left of the post to access the members profile

2. I have added in the member profile section fields for type of transport available and what type of water vessel.

But as its already been pointed out people dont really fill out their profiles, but ill put it there so the option is there if they want to.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/12/12 07:53

Archived