Marlin in the Bay!!!!!!!!!!

JackBarrett13

Yesterday i just got back from moreton for a week and fished 24/7.

but on the second last night we tryed fishing off the tangalooma jetty. after the dolphin feeding we floated a whole pike on gang hooks for about 1 hour.

my cousin hooked a mackeral and his line was screaming then my mate grabbed my rod to reel it in and then we saw a black marlin do 3 jumps and snapped us off.

And also my mate caught 2 marlin in the bay last week just trolling lures.

good luck :)

i been there for the past week as well. Fished the wrecks each morning. Didnt fish the jetty cause of the rules they list.

Ended up with a few squire, bonito, gt and a kingfish. A yo zuri 3d popper done the damamge. Got the kingy on 8 lb. Lost a bigger one from thumbing the spool as there was no way i was going to stop it :(

All from the beach on the turn of tide.

JackBarrett13 wrote:

Yesterday i just got back from moreton for a week and fished 24/7.

but on the second last night we tryed fishing off the tangalooma jetty. after the dolphin feeding we floated a whole pike on gang hooks for about 1 hour.

my cousin hooked a mackeral and his line was screaming then my mate grabbed my rod to reel it in and then we saw a black marlin do 3 jumps and snapped us off.

And also my mate caught 2 marlin in the bay last week just trolling lures.

good luck :)

you sure they were marlin. :huh: .

I had a mate fishing the back of Green Island (Moreton Bay) for squire and he had his line take off at warp speed. Apparently a juvey marlin had pounced one of the baits and proceeded to get airborn a few times before busting him up.

No pics but he seemed pretty genuine when he was telling me and he's not the type to lie.

Ive seen a lot of things in the MB that aren't supposed to be there in my time on the water, so you never know, especially around the top end.

planetfonz wrote:

It was common knowledge in hervey bay at certain times of the year for juvenile marlin to be caught in waters who's depth was under 10m right down the inside of the island to moon point.. wouldn't surprise me at all if moreton was the same

my thoughts exactly fonz i,ve caught heaps of the little fellahs around roonies pt and off wathumba in hervy bay. why mot moreton

Archived