My first trip to somerset

Troy_79

Hey guys well just spent a couple of days up at somerset fishing and camping and man what a great place to camp. We caught alot of undersize bass about 15-25cm which was still fun since its the first time i've ever fished freshwater in Qld.

I did get a little annoyed yesterday though because i came up to the tent to have some breakie when these guys arrived and fished basically in the spot i was in and caught 4 bass between 35-4cm and a yellowbelly. Oh well thats fishing and i still had an awesome time, i guess the more i do it the better i'll get. Didn't catch any of the fish on lures just on worms. I'll just have to do more research next time:)

cheers,

i can tell you the last time i was there, a few years ago now,at the spit there were toilets showers conv shop bottolo, and even fire wood supplied, just had to carry it back to your campsite, would make for a good get together 1 day, fishing, sking, drinking, you feel as though you have been on holidays for a month, if only it be for the weekend. but gets bloody hot in summer, bloody hot.

Angus wrote:

Mate nice looking spot. And how good does the water look!!

For the mrs sake, what sort of facilities does that site have?

Cheers.

Angus

They have showers toilets bbq areas, a kiosk where u can buy food drinks and bait. They also have cabins and r pretty cheap aswell and its about a 10-15min drive to kilcoy if u want alcohol and groceries

There website is www.lakesomerset.com.au

Yeah the lake is looking magnificent at the moment. looking forward to my next trip.

Great little spot and Some good Redclaw in it as I found out on my last trip there.

Renewed my boating permit last week and hopefuly I'll get to use it sometime soon.

Just a reminder to the boaties that the annual fee for the lake is $100 but if you renew it before the expiry date its $75.

A little pic below to remind you what a redclaw can look like.

:P

1 [img size=490]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Somerset_Red_Claw-39fbcccc7a94b937feefc4353294e434.jpg

Archived