What do you use for electric power on the Yak?

Feral

Ok,

Toying with the idea of putting a sounder on my Yak, also I need to consider what I will do if I do any night yaking. (Although unless in the Brisbane river, lights are not required, I'd rather be safe than crab bait).

Smallest deep cycle battery I have is a 14kilo 40amp unit. A Bit of overkill to run a sounder and possibly some lights! Also heavy, hard to tie down, and just something else to be lugged around when setting up. So I need to investigate alternatives!

So what do you use for your power source on your Yak?

What does it power and how long does it last!

Cowfish13 wrote:

At night, I just use a head lamp. Got one for fairly cheap from Anaconda with 4 LED bulbs. Has 4 or 5 settings (can't remember:S). Red for night, 2/3 different white light intensities, and a high intensity flashing white light. Take an idiot to miss it:)

If you guys are short of idiots,we Ipswich livers can start an over nite mail order business to cater for you needs.

Just like lures,they come in all shapes,sizes and colours.The more you order the cheaper the freight,

or check with a AFO member out here he might be able to arrange free transport

i run the remco 12v 7amp as everyone is saying they specifically fit perfectly into the slot on the profish's they run my 787combo and livetank pump(on and off) and light LED for approx 4-6 hours, Most times its day use where it will run all day on sounder only easy, Be VERY careful of the terminals treat them as if they were children......

Sparksie, probably an eagle cuda 168 or a garmin 140. Want a little bit better than base model, but dont need much more. If I buy new the difference will come down to width and mounting room on the yak. second hand, what I come across. Would probably end up new, its amazing what people want for second hand ones.

But I'm still thinking about it, have not talked myself in to it yet! ;)

Archived