Tiagra 80w

Simon Harmon

Guest IcEkNiGhT

hahah a 130 stand up ? thats a mission i got a 16/0 loaded with 130lb and its pretty much impossible to use serious drag pressure and hold the rod and reel as well. even with a black magic harness and gimbol its not much easier.... but if simon can do it... good luck to him.

Hi Simon, well that reel sold quicker than I could read this post!! Just curious as to what would be the main differences between the penn and the tiagra for you to want to sell your's and try the other. Does the penn have any special extra features to make you want to buy it? Is James still keeping his tiagra or should I keep my eyes peeled for it to come on sale:cheer: ?Cheers, Fisher_191

• 2 months later...

Gerty_92 wrote:

i wanna get one for the game rod i won...the only problem is im not willing to spend the money on it...anybody know any cheap equivlants...well equivalent line capacity...seeing as equiv specs would still be around that hefty price tag...

Have a look on ebay. There are some great reels that should be able to land a good sized shark (2-3m) but you should have a look at all of them before you buy one.

Archived