Angus - Tassie Pics!

fishyman

here ya go mate

Highlight was defiently last 2 days on the flats at ansons bay catching massive bream on hardbodies, We found the spot on the afternoon of the second last day and if only we had found it sooner. the action was awesome. Just awesome action for about the 2-3 hours it was possible to fish the flats. you had to wade out atleast knee to waist depth and cast over the sandy patches inbetween the weedbeds and twicth your lure quite hard with long pauses to get them to bite. In two sessions we would have rolled about 20-25fish. With about 90% being over 40cm. Biggest went 45cm by Myself, with numerous 44's, 43's, 42's, and 41's. There definetly doesnt seem to be many small fish amongst them and im sure if you fished it long enough youd crack a fifty in no time flat. The whole place is so underfished it's incredible pretty much anywhere you go you can catch good quality and good numbers of a whole heap of different species.

This bunch of photos is mainly bream with a few salmon and trout pics thrown in i think

Enjoy

AnsonsBay002AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay004AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay011AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay014AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay015AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay019AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay021AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay027AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th001AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th002AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th003AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th007AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th010AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th011AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th013AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th019AFO.jpg

AnsonsBay13th035AFO.jpg

Smallest Bream of the trip

MusselroeBay004AFO.jpg

Musselroe Point

MusselroeBay014AFO.jpg

Sighcasted Brown trout

TrouttimeAFO.jpg

they fight differently thats for sure

i find yellowfin more aggressive, and they make alot of turns and really play around under the water whereas the black bream i caught tend to just pick a way and run.

the fish i was catching were between 1 and 2 kilo on light lines they just make massive runs with really distinctive headshakes.

put it this way, id rather catch another 40cm blackie than 5 of our average size yellowfin haha

• 1 year later...

I know being from Tassie I am probably a bit bias but it does offer a great variety of fishing opportunities.

Not only for trout or bream but catching the large flatty that Tassie produces can be great fun

I get home every couple of years and spend most of my time at a few of my favourite highland lakes chaseing trout but my next rip will defiantly include a bit of bream and flatty fishing.

Archived