rayke1938

Arrived with the melbourne heathen at 6ish ti find dino already there.

Proceeded downstream casting and trolling for nil result.Had a bit of a yarn to a guy in a yak. He said that he was on the way to work and had got 4 bass over 40cm on surface poppers earlier.:(

The heathen got a 32cm one trolling a purple spinner bait.

Trolling spinner baits seemed to work quite well with 1/2 ounce ones bumping bottom at 23 feet when trolled at 2kph. When they started bumping i just increased speed to 2.5 and they were ok.

We went down to Ians island where I got one around 40cm casting purple spinnerbait to bank.

Also noticed a large cleared area where they were removing all vegitation.

I had previously heard that no vegitation was going to be removed and it was all just going to be left to rot when the dam filled to new level.

They were even salvaging all usable timber and mulching the rest.

P1210496AFO.jpg

Returned to ramp where we met another yakker who was just going to launch and he said that the fish were only interested in yellow lures.

Also watched this feller having a play around.

P1210498AFO.jpg

P1210499AFO.jpg

P1210501AFO-1.jpg

Had a great day despite lack of fish.

Cheers

Ray

Removing all vegetation is what they did at Lenthalls and now since it has filled has been a coffee colour for months. I wish they wouldn't do that...... but then again if you leave all the veg to rot then that is probably no good either. It didn't look like the new ramp I have heard rumours about getting put in over on the western side????

I haven't had any surface action at all at Hinze this year and this is only the second report I have read with someone catching a bass on surface. Most of my fish have been in the 25cm range so it's good to hear about some bigger ones getting caught.

Looks like it was a top morning on the water for you and at least you caught a few.

Waiting for Dino to do his own . I don't want to steal his thunder.

I also rang water alliance and the clearing at Ians island is commencement of vegetation in preparation of the flooding when dam wall is completed.

The new ramp on western side will be just south of the one that we are currently using so we will still have the winding road to traverse.

Cheers

Ray

Archived