pig3030

Just being polite and saying G'day

Got bugger all experience fishing. The last time was for my bucks down the coast on a charter trip(caught a shark which I was stoked with) and before that it was my 21st (over a decade ago) in NZ (talk about crystal clear waters). Of course there were trips as a youngster catching "monster" (to a 7 year old) flat-head in Tassie with my old man.

I've been keen to get into fishing for quite sometime now but to be honest I've got NFI about it. I thought that the closest place I could fish at was Redcliffe. The bloke I work with (a member here) set me straight, helped me out with buying the basic gear (for far far less than I would have paid had I gone it alone) and gave me the heads up where I can fish 5 minutes from my place.

Outside of fishing I like camping and hunting. I'm not very good at either but enjoy it all the same.

Travis

Thanks for the welcome

Went fishing today with Two Wheels. I caught nothing but found the area's I missed with sunscreen :blush: I'll let him say what he caught :P

To answer questions in previous posts

Yeah it's a Hare (I'm lazy and call 'em bunnies);) The rifle is a bog standard Marlin 22lr with a cheap Tasco scope. From memory it cost me less than $500. It's taken the lions share of (small) game. Just goes to show you can get away with not spending big bucks and still play (must write that on my hand every time I go into a "toy" shop)

Jimmybob - No, the property I have permission to hunt on does not have anywhere to fish :( In fact it doesn't have much in the way of game either. The Hares taunt me by appearing as I'm leaving with my rifles secured away. If I stop and leap out they're off :laugh: My hunting goal for the year is to turn a Deer into Venison although a hunting / fishing trip to NZ is on the cards as well.

Cheers

Travis

I've seen some pretty big deer in the Jimna area if you're lucky enough to know someone with a property near there.

Same goes for the area near Sundown NP. Have seen a herd of near on 30 there a few years back. They were crossing a bitumen road outside the NE end of the NP. There's always a few to be seen in the park too.

The P&W boys had been chopper culling in the park too. No shortage of cray bait.

Who killed Bambi ? The answer was blowin' in the wind:P :laugh:

Archived