tuesday 3rd/wednesday 4th river mouth sesh

nadders

hi all, had a sesh this morning/last night out in the mouth, and all i can say is holy stingrays. they were pouring out of the woodwork this time, along with their shovelnosed brothers. I think i got 5 brown hubcaps, 4 shovelnoses and even a little eagle ray on a 3inch atomic prong lol. he went pretty hard, and jumped out of the water twice, i threw the plastic at a couple of bait showers hoping to find out what was chasing them and he was the last thing i expected.

We got chomped through by a school of chopper tailor at the first channel beacon, played with a school of bream and moses perch at the sh*t pump rockwall, and pulled up ray after ray and cattie after cattie at #99. next time i really hope some of the wharves are free cause yeah, although they fight hard enough and put a bend in the rod, i am pretty sick of rays pretending to headshake just to make me think i'm hooked onto something good lol.

anyway it was a fun trip and i needed one, fell into brekky creek twice yesterday by slipping down the rock bank and barely managing to get out again, then i broke my bream stick in half in the car boot :(

sounds like an interesting session!!

i feel your pain on falling into brekky ck.....slipped on a concrete wall up further at the overpass while flicking a prawnstar in an quick impromptu sesh - ended up in the creek up to my knees and covered in mud. if it hadn't been for my mate pete i'd have been swimming round to the wharf - new jeans and all!!!

how big did the shovelies go??

yeah thats where i slipped in too mate, the ICB overpass right near the boatramp on sandgate road. I managed to claw my way out but it was a hell of a lot harder the second time as the slippery section was quite high lol. was very, very annoying

the shovelies were small, maybe 60cm in length. we basically just anchored up at a random dropoff that we'd fished before and cast out along it for donut, and i decided to just drop some live herring over the side of the boat in 4m of water and they got hammered basically in 20sec or less every time. makes me wonder if it was the same shovelie 4 times :D

that eagle ray went hard as for his size too btw, he was only maybe 40cm wingtip to wingtip but he smashed the atomic prong and took a bit of drag on my 20lb baitcaster, much harder fight than i would expect out of such a small fella

Archived