colleges crossing under the bridge fishing

Davo_Dinkum

colleges crossing under the bridge fishing

so me and mrs went out there for 3 hrs today 2 run it and 1 on the high.it ran in hard stopped and turned quick.

we had a ball servo prawns and squidy wrigglers for the mrs and i had 3"8 minnow and live bait prawns.

i'm spewing i only took 4 little rods 2-4 kg with 4 lb line and 3 to 10 kg with 6 lb line.cause we got smashed 3 hrs of none stop fun and i was stuffed afterwards.not sure what was smashing us but it was non stop and we got broken off 8 times.

seems i was working my ass off to drag it in and it would rap us around the same snag all the time .as we where trying to drag it in would move up river from the bridge and then just lock up in the middle of the river 8 meters up from the bridge.if that didn't happen we would drag it in and then nothing.(no hook up) just 1/2 the bait of lure back.i got sick of losing jig heads ,lures and hooks, swivels and pea sinkers.so we just floated some bait and live bait about for the last 45 min .went both sides of the bridge,got some small bream and tiny cattys.

well after today there i will be back there with some heavier gear.going back to my old ways 5 rods for me from light to real heavy.so i don't get caught out again.

was a fun day just bloody hot.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P21019902.jpg

post-4394-144598485269_thumb.jpg

u may be wondering why would some 1 fish there .

pinkey wrote:

Have you ever caught or seen tarpon or jacks round kooka?

wesfish wrote:

yeah i use to chase the tarpon at johnsons rock when i was younger , i used a home made popper and even hooked up some small bullies on it aswell , i have seen a big jack at colleges crossing under the bridge while snorkling on low tide at the begining of 07 , it would have nearly gone 60 cms , it was curious at me swimming past and came right out to check me out.. but never caught one up there yet!!yet!!

so i thought why the hell not

i'm after the jack ,troll or hobit that lives under the bridge

well today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday but one of my heavy rods went poo and we had a 6 of us there today.more snags today and 1 eel caught.

one of the girls rods got broken and threw it in the river,shame on her shame.

wesfish popped in for a chat that was good nice meeting u wes .

and think we will head back to kook just for the shade part every1 seams to get a bit on edge blistering in the sun. bar me i'm always cool the the ice cold beer in the esky :)

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P21120152.jpg

post-4394-144598485303_thumb.jpg

Archived