Freshwater shrimp around Brisbane

Aaron H

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone could offer some advice on catching freshwater shrimp in Brissy area, Have tried a couple of creeks with the only success i have had is upper reaches of Tinny creek (albeit only four) The tactics I use are the same that get me bucket loads of shrimp out west i just bait a collapsible trap with meat. Normally I would buy them but the pet stores have been in short supply as well.

Broadwater road lhs before you go over the bridge ubd 203 11 r. Crawl through hole in gate and drop traps in there. No great numbers. about 20 is a good haul from 4 traps but the size is good. The track is quite well worn despite the no tresspassing private property sign. The council also take a dim view. I have had no problems as i go there at daybreak. There is a vacant block of land where there used to be a house on the other side of the creek and there are no signs prohibiting entry and there is no gate in the driveway but I have never tried there.

That is the only place that I know of. I have been told that there are plenty in the upper reaches of the logan well above waterford.

Ray

Archived