australia day weekend

rayke1938

Feral and his kids and myself are going to the lions comp at lake kurwongbah on australia day it will be shore based chasing tilapia. Should we make it an event or should we do something another day also. I think that Brian is keen to try out his newie. Maybe we can launch it in the beenie ponds.

Ray

Hahaha i dont quite think teh beenie ponds would suit a boat of any discription Ray.

I was going to make a post asking what everyone is doing for that long weekend.

Lions camp sounds good but would also like to do something more active as well. Maybe a day at Somerset? Apparantly the Yellowbelly are going off there. Or there are a few creeks off the passage id be keen to Yak. Open to suggestions however.

Angus

Actually mate hold up.

According to Fitzy maybe not

Quote: \" All forms of boating are allowed but a SEQWCorp permit is required for all trailerable vessels. There are 6 lanes of concrete launching ramp at Kirkleagh + a well maintained gravel ramp that is used at low water levels. There is a double laned ramp at The Spit (near the dam wall) + another single lane concrete ramp that becomes uncovered when water levels drop below approximately 75%\".

So maybe your powerboat would be an option?

I dont know why i thought it was electric only. Oh well happy to be wrong. I think we should certainly organise something then.

Angus

Archived