Lenthalls February anyone interested?

Feral

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental note turn phone off 9:30pm :evil:

Naah your right mate, well be around, might be down on the pontoon drowning some livies though, one of our phones will have reception, I am with Vodaphone, Ferg Optus and Ray CDMA Telstra. One of them will have to work! Let me know if you dont have anyones number.

I doing the same as Angus (leaving Thursday Night)- I origionally had the day off but they called a meeting that I MUST attend (wankers). So I'll be leaving straight after that. Looks like I'll sleep in the car Thursday Night, which is OK with me as I can fit a full size bed in here, and put the tent up Friday.:)

I'm not sure as to when I am coming home - depends how many barra I catch and how quickly. ;)

I don't know if Chef (Peirre) will be able to come. He lost 3 staff last week and if can't replace them in time he'll have to do some work for a change.:P

Angus - just to be a bore - I suggest for you not to bother packing any cooking gear, plates, etc. Just bring your stubby holder and coffee cup. I am taking sets of stuff my wife bought me for christmas.

I am starting to pack and have asked feral to post some photos. Ist one my soft plastices, second hardbodies,Third all of them. Do you think I have enough? Dunno if I will have any room for tucker and clothes.Fourth photo is folding bed and air mattress i picked up at recycleland for $5 have set it up next to computer to check for leaks and wife wants me to sleep in it all the time.

Ray

Well I wandered into Jones tackle about lunch time today, I had dropped of Ferg's missus at the shopping centre, and was wanting to see if they could sell me a stocked impoundment permit.

Unfortunately they could not, however even though I was not buying anything else, the bloke was more than willing to give me the goss from his recent trip to Lenthalls, including a description of the turnoff (which apparently is not marked), and info on where the permits can be got near the dam.

So here it is -

Turn off is roughly 18k north of Maryborough, it is marked as Wongai forest turn off, and is in the middle of a speedo check section, and the turnoff is adjacent to the 3 sign (speedo checks go from 1 to 5k's). The permits can be bought from the service station (Shell he thinks) 1 1/2 miles north of the turn off.

I went and got my permit from the Allround Angler in Caboolture when I got home, but for others who dont have a permit, you can get them locally (or off the internet if your printer is working, which mine is not!).

Ando, I reckon your getting your formative years in the job market with some blokes who will teach you some really good customer service!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/02/12 18:49

the latest from opposition website.

I AM EXITED.

Ray

Ausfish Bronze Member

Default Re: Lenthalls

what technique? cast to weed beds and retrieve fast (so you dont weed up) at first then slow it down when the water deepens. and hang on

Where are the fish located? all over the dam look for and fish points and snags

i might be out there Saturday look out for a silver rodeo with ausfish on the back come and say g-day

Dan

Angus wrote:

Hope no ones afraid of a little water!

Excuse me - it is not normal to go fishing with AFO and it rains - no not just rains but it normally poors. I have proven my wet weather ability and only sooks and softies have to wear a rain coat.

Thanks Lozzel - hope you're right.

rayke1938 wrote:

We are leaving redland bay around 8. I spoke to caravan park this afternoon and they have only had about one inch of rain and all soaked in so no fresh in river. Bring on the crabs!

You bringing crab pots and a suitable boiler then?

Brian, I am soft, I want a rain coat, I am getting old!

I have also got to get me a camera phone, so when I get to the fishing spots early I can send you pictures of the fish I am catching while your still on the way! Just so you know there is fish there of course.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/02/15 05:36

Feral wrote:

I am quite happy for it to be raining while fishing, thats what rain coats are for!

Its cooler, the natives tend to come on the bite, all the other woosie mugs go home leaving you in peace!

After all this chat about rain, I've just come back the chandlery wher I bought a bilge pump. So if it rains who cares - it pumps 1360 litres per hour.

Archived