Coomera Carp.

Bri The Pom

Hi Bri

Welcome . There are plenty of carp in the upper freshwater reaches of the coomera. Carp are regarded as a noxious fish over here. Have a look at the article on beenie ponds under the lakes. I am certain others will also respond. We used to have fishing comps just to catch and destroy carp from our waterways.

Down south they net them and turn them into fertilizer as they are regarded as very poor eating.When I used to catch them out west we just used to throw them up onto the bank to rot.

Hope to meet you .

When are you coming

Ray

• 1 month later...

The olde carp when I lived 200 mtrs from the murray river (just 7 months ago) I'd go carp bustin a can of home brand corn /light gear / couple of coldies and a heap of fun !!!!

A friend of mine who owned a tackle store asked why Gaz there are cod/yellas / trout to catch so I explained you catch and release so your only in it for the fun of fighting the fish I do the same except I don't release them but throw them on the bank and every one I catch has to be doing good to rid them from our waterways he just nodded and said valid point he started to go catch them on Fly :P carp give a great fight on light gear give it a try and help our waterways

Gazza

• 4 years later...

Hey Ray,Hope your well.

Thanks for the bump,only seems like yesterday i was packing everything for the big move.How time flies.

I have always been able to fish all year round, its just the amount of clothing that changes.

Your cricket team are not so barbaric these days either.

Met some great guys from this site and hope to meet alot more.

Cheers all

Bri. ;)

• 2 years later...

Thanks Ray, once again hope your well, seven years ay. Time flies when your having fun, hav'nt seen any Coomera carp yet. I will re type the post Coomera mackerel i think, as hopefully they will keep me busy all summer.

May even chase some bass with you one day Ray, on the fly maybe.

We will keep this one in the vault until next time.

Over and Out,

cheers

Bri.

• 1 year later...

Archived