Utimate Bream Hardbody - your ideas

Zim man

Hi All

if you were able to design your own hardbody lure for bream. What would it look like and what colours would you go for.

i am leaning to a suspending chubby type lure with loud rattles and the colours of the Atomic hardz series and owner hooks. ;)

what would your design type be?

Rob!

What a can of worms!

Argh.

I think the responses to this will be massively varied as people fish for bream in so many locations. However for my money:

Colour: Golds, Mustards, Browns but maybe with a bright highlight colour or stripe.

Length: 40-60mm.

Bibbed to dive to around 2-2.5meters.

Relatively slender profile, but with a fatter option (just like an eco gear SX40 has the CK40).

Suspending for a good twitchy retrieve.

Twin sets of trebles. Dont really care what sort I can always change them :P

Thats about it.

Of course I also like surface lures, deeper divers etc etc.

But a lure of these specs would be the one I use MOST often and I think thats what your after.

Cheers.

Angus

I make my own lures.I make them out of red cedar then i cut them out on the bandsaw and shape them on a disc sander. I use replacement acryilic face shields for the bibs and staino wire for the tow piont and treble mounts.cost for one lure with hooks and painted $4. my favourite homemade bream lure is about 35mm long x 10mm wide and has a nice tight action that swims around 1-2mtrs deep. favourite coluor for the canals is black back, white body, red throat. For the coomera river i use the same body shape but the bibs are made a bit bigger to give a wilder crazy action i even drill a hole in the body before its painted and Jam a 3mm steel ball bearing in it for a bit of xtra weight and bog the hole now its a suspend lure so it doesnt float or sink.favourite colour is orange back cannery yellow body with a rocket red throat because the river tends to be a bit dirty most of the time .

Archived