planning on fishing the river but the oil?????/

hey guys i was planning on going out in my boat to the mouth of the river to have a fish but am not sure whether to now after hearing about the oil coming in?? what r ur thoughts guys do u think it is worth it or do u have any additional information on whether it has come in to the river or not?

any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

cheers

nathan

In a statement, the Pacific Adventurer's owner Swire said it regretted the scale of the environmental disaster hitting Queensland's beaches.

"As full soundings of the vessel's tanks were being taken at the port to determine the amount of oil that leaked from the vessel, a small quantity of fuel oil escaped from the Pacific Adventurer," a company statement said.

"This occurred when the ship was being brought upright after being docked at Brisbane port this morning.

"The small oil leak was immediately contained between the ship and the wharf. A recovery vehicle sucked the oil from the water's surface. Booms off the ship contained the oil and extra booms are surrounding the vessel as a precaution."

The company now says a maximum of 42.5 tonnes of fuel oil leaked from the ship in the initial incident.

42.5tonne leaked.

What was the original amount??!? I thought it was like 10tonne! I've heard more stories, than i have had showers.

/>http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queensland/ships-not-animals-most-at-risk-from-spill/2009/03/11/1236447294502.html

Archived