Awoonga - 2007

Brian D

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feral wrote:

Check with Brian, if he does not mind some visitors the last night, its only about $10 extra a head in the rooms, plenty of room for your boat behind the motel.

Well if ya don't mind some room mates Brian?

If not we are happy to ruff it for a night. If Scott had his way we'll be fishing all night anyway. just one more cast, just one more cast.:P

Well guys that's fine with me either way. Welcome, but if you are going to share the room you should share the cost! I mean It's doesn't feel right that I pay $65 and you pay $10! :S

I was going to tent it but I couldn't be bothered dragging all the camp gear along.:blush:

Then I tried the car bed but believe it or not there is less room in the Prado then the Xtrail so bed don't fit.:(

So motel will do me, I just wish I was leaving tomorrow.

Brian D wrote:

Well guys that's fine with me either way. Welcome, but if you are going to share the room you should share the cost! I mean It's doesn't feel right that I pay $65 and you pay $10! :S

Ooer didn't mean to sound like that, but it did! Yeah I meant between three it gets pretty cheap as the price goes up bugger all for extra people.

Sorry guys I was being a smart ass again.

Ha Feral you trouble maker - I'm going to have to report you to a moderator.:P

It's all cool guys, I have to speak to the Motel again before I arrive so I'll let me know that 2 more will be arriving Sunday.

That is going to make the trip up on Monday sweet. Fish Moduran am, 2 hour drive, check in, dump gear and fish awoonga in the arvo. Sounds sweet to me.:) We can fish GinGin up to about 10am and drive through out the crap part of the day and be back on the water at awoonga by 4pm.

Think this way 90cm in the morning and it grows to 1.2 in the arvo.

Ha, I need to report something. The other day while driving to work I get a message on my phone. Next traffic light I stop and have a look. It's Aaron, he has a lieu day and he's finshing at NP, I think he said something like double figures and I see a picture of a 45+ Bass.

I can feel payback not to far away.:woohoo:

was talking to a bloke yesterday who just got back from a week at awoonga.

he landed 12barra over a meter and had a rod broken by one,m ost of the fish came from slow trolling the tops of a line of submerged trees in the main basin using big tsunami shads and curltail shads

I popped into Anaconda today for some of that fancy red leader reconmended by Ray who got reconmended by Schultzy.

Gezz once you get past the colour, the price is fantastic and the knott strength is excellent. Not bad for platted leaders either. I got some 30 for platts and some 60 for single.

The loop knot strength is 100%. I tested the 60lb stuff and the main line broke before the loop knot.

But I have a question. if fish can't see red, and this is red leader, why then do lures have so much red on them?

Schultzy there's one for you.

Thats why I was in there as well, got a spool of 40lb.

Red is first colour that is supposed to turn grey with depth in the water. Take all claims about coloured line with a large dose of salt. I reckon if I can see it I assume the fish can see it, it just does not worry them.

I'll be bringing a laptop Brian, need the games and movies to keep ALex quiet!

I will throw in some blank CD's to burn them for you. You will need your cable, and probably the CD with the camera software on it, just in case my laptop does not have the right drivers.

Just got notice - my order from MOTackle left yesterday - should be here soon!

Ordered 1 of every colour in Hyper Vipers, a few Vipers and a few Sand vipers. Also ordered a new reel - Pfleuger Trion 66 - now I Just need a rod for this sucker, and to take up plenty of braid with me and I'm good to go :woohoo:

Bring on those 1.3m barra!

3 1/2 more work days, then 1/2 day to pack then I'm off. I might even leave Thursday night 18/10 and be there for the dawn session at the Mod.;)

No need to worry about the comp catching all the fish before Feral gets there but worry about me getting a 2 day head start.

Archived