shultz this morning

davefishmad

Few nice hits and one decent flattie on a new rapala i am trying out.

Very nice lures, just had to upgrade the trebles and the rings.

Other than that the tide started coming in and it slowed right up, but there seem to be a few around lately.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_4279_AFO.jpg

post-5450-144598473182_thumb.jpg

Hey mate, That a nice flatty ;) Ive got a few question:

1. what rod and reel did u use?

2. what lure did u use?

3. were you land base?

4. where is this location (shultz)?

5. what retrival did u used to catch that nice flathead?

I know I have ask alot of question, but if u could anwser some of them i would be very plzed. :)

THX

PLUGGa

Cowfish is right on the money,... Dan its a Rapala XRAP shad (XRS 06-SILVER BLUE),I have replaced the rings and trebles for better quality..

1.Plugga thats a loomis and a fireblood, nice rod and reel but overkill for flatty.

2.lure is as above.

3.yes land based, you can do quite well landbased if you pick the tides and time.

4.yes shultz canal, the flatty tend to hang around the edges of the mangroves.

5. retreival was fast then slow then I stopped to high stick it over the mangrove roots the I got the hit.

I would just used a medium retreive with little fast jerks here and there and pauses to emulate a distressed bait, I don't like to stop too much with flatty, they usualy hit a moving target pretty good.

hope this helps...

good fishing :)

dave

plugga wrote:

Hey Dave, are you a pro fishermen? Becasue G-loomis are very expensive and how much are Firebloods?

THX

PLUGGa

fireblood cost 340 shipping included

gloomis cost 270 + 40 postage (i could have picked up the base model for 210.00 shipping included)

thats 610.00 the lot, and yes they would cost a hell of a lot more in here.

look around kid for items for sale on forums, also watch the exchange rate for overseas bargains, quite often good rods go at good prices.

I seen a 2500 stella go on here for $250.00 in top notch nick.

so LOL no I am far from a pro fisherman, and if you check out my first post I already said its my best rigg.

Shimano are making a lot of good cheap rods these days suited to lures and plastics, and only last night did my brother land an 80 cm threadie on a 40 dollar phluger reel.

I spent most of my fishing life catching fish on cheap gear and some of the biggest threadies, bream and flatheads I have landed on 80 dollar setups, the trick is-

- use quality hooks and swivels ect.

- use reasonably good (fresh) braid and mono.

- use live bait if using bait

- tie good knots and use the appropriate rigg for the fish your after.

so let not start a new thread here.

dave

Freshy punch "nudgee beach" into google maps or take the gateway from kingsford smith drive then turn left at the nudgee beach exit, follow the sign to nudgee beach, shultz runs right along the nudgee beach road but better if you check it out on a map.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=nudgee%20beach

sorry I only know that way of getting their, but if you google nudgee beach it should become apparent where it is and you might take another route.

dave

Cowfish13 wrote:

Yeh, we've had over 10 mozzies on our hats as soon as the sun goes below the horizon. We didn't bother fishing anymore, we just ran the couple of km's back to the car. You could feel them hitting you as you ran.

LOL...yeah they are carniverous little buggers, I think I have done the bolt a few times myself :laugh:

would smash em with the right choice rig and line , I would start 8 lb mono or 6 lb braid.

even lower if you keem bream and whiting go down to 1 kg, but you need a bit of a leader for flatty

I don't know what a 4000 is, but your best keeping it light in the esturays,( unless your after jacks or somthing)

dave

plugga they are not the exact same as they have different drag capacity's, the smaller reel will cast longer and will go better with lighter line etc.

dave what is your fireblood like? ive been thinking of getting one but noone recommends them they reckon they arnt all that. what are your thoughts?

cheers

Archived