Dam crazy @ Hinze 29/03/09

STU

Fished the eastern arm this morning with plasticman in his rig, first cast andrew hooked a small toga but it spat the hooks half way through the fight then soon after he scored a few bass on surface (zippin ziggy)but they were all undersize, I had a bad start with andrew gettin more on spinnerbaits but still all undersize ( I had too let him christian the boat well and truly first):P then I finally got one legal on spinnerbait and andrew straight after me on a chubby then the wind picked up at about 8.30 but it was glassed out till then I scored one more legal fish but they where still nothing to write home about and Andrew got one more undresize on chubby to finish the morning off cause the wind was making it tough.But all in all the boat had no leaks and the motors went along fine so Dam crazy is ready for plenty more trips.

The temporary road is dirt and the ramp area gravel but the ramp is concrete I took the commodore wagon and it was fine the road a little wet too but no probs would not recomend it though for a 2wd if there has been alot of rain.

Total 11 bass 1 dropped toga and heaps of hits [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/dam_crazy_reborn___Hinze_029_AFO.jpg

pinkey wrote:

Nice work guys, do you use chubbys for bass when the bite is abit shut down and you think a smaller profile might do the trick?

Yeah mate thats right they where short hitting spinnerbait skirts alot and when they are small it easier to hook them on a chubby cast out with lots of twitches and pauses they normally hit on the pause

Slyhawke wrote:

Hey STU, looks like you had a good session. Mate is bass a good table fish?

Hope to go chasing them one day. Good Luck.

imo they not that good at all but some people love them but as they do not breed in the dam (they are stocked and need saltwater to breed )they take years just ot get to legal size which i think is too small anyway i would rather just go get a feed of bream or something like that .

Archived