A Slow Day At Samsonvale 14/01/2007

blue_mako

Hey Guys.

Tim and I arrived at North Pine at around 3:15am and we were at the Dam Wall by 3:30am ;) .

As usual, Tim was rigged with 6lb Fireline and 10lb Vanish Fluoro leader and I had 8lb Fireline with 12lb Nitlon Fluoro leader. Tim started off with a Jackall Bros. TN50 and I started with a Jackall Bros. TN60 ;) .

When we got there the surface was filled with Garfish flicking about. We weren't sure if they were getting chased or eaten as Garfish will usually do this for the heck of it :S . So we continued to throw our lipless crankbaits around for around half an hour with mixed retreives for no success.

So off comes my TN60 and on goes my 65mm Yo-Zuri 3D Series Popper. First cast, the Popper hits the water and I let it sit. Bloop bloop, pause, bloop, BANG! The surface errupted as drag peeled from my reel, I turn and look at Tim as I'm fighting it, \"I just caught a Bass on Popper\". With a big grin on my face. After a solid fight from my first North Pine Dam popper caught Bass a 43cm fork Bass is landed :cheer: . I get a quick picture and Back he goes.

Tim has about 5 casts, we are both looking at his popper when there's a decent swirl behind it. \"I think that was my popper\". says Tim.

\"Yeah, it was\". says I. Bloop bloop, pause, BANG!, \"Yep, got him!\". I look away for one second and he drops him :pinch: .

We leave the Wall and head up to meet Johnny and his mate Albert I think it was :S . We take a 15 min hike to one of his spots. Might I say when we first gt there the bank looked awesome. I change back to a TN60 and Tim puts on a 3/4 oz. TT Vortex Spinnerbait. After about 10 casts I'm onto a 45cm fork Bass. Johnny hooks up to a few smaller models before Albert gets onto a solid 53.5cm fork Bass. An even longer Bass then the one Johnny caught last session. A few pictures and back he, or she, goes back to fight another day.

Johnny gets onto two smaller models and Tim gets onto his P.B. smallest Bass at around 20-25cm. I loose Tim's Spinnerbait :( and another fisho lands a 38cm fork Bass. That was just about it really.

We changed spots and headed down from the side of the road near Forgan's Cove and casted and casted and casted for nothing. Tim dropped something small in the shallows, probably a Garfish but not so much as a hit after that.

End Tally:

Johnny: 4 Bass

Troy: 2 Bass

Albert: 1 bass

Tim: 1 Bass

Troy

Archived