sweetlip caught at the mouth of brisbane river

fishinking

thanks plugga. what u do to attach a photo is press reply topic instead of quick reply and then u press browse on the attach image link then u select your photo and press the image button next to the attachment and it should all be good, you just need to keep the photo under 200kb.

yeah thanks guys. mack attack both sweetlip went over 50cm and 1 was over 2kg and pauls was just shy of that mark. yeah the dogfight is pauls, we wernt using it that day but bullsharks and big jewies with big baits are targeted with it but yeh we dont really use it in the river.

yeah there are some massive cod out at the mouth which are unstoppable especially near the docks. We've caught some quality 3kg cod at the mouth which are lots of fun but the fight is never as fun as a snapper and the sweetlip went REALLY hard. I was expecting a 3kg+ snapper to come up so was a bit dissapointed with the 2kilo sweetlip but was still happy to get it.

bmxdirtjumpa wrote:

yoyo wrote:
you fellas look like you need a chaperone to keep you out of trouble out there....i better come along with you next time...........

and ill make sure yoyo doesnt get into trouble :lol:

haha yeah what would we do without the supervision of you guys. I also got snapped off that day buy what i think was a good size snapper, peeling line off the spool like there was no tomorrow and massive headshakes.

Mack_attack wrote:

good work guys nice sweetlip how big did they go?

Is that the dogfight in the background of paul's pic, what were you targeting with that :D

hahahah mate i dont even no myself wann try land one of those unstopabble cod cause that might get em has a bigger chance than most reels hahah ( apart from the face if i run 30kg drag ill flip ) hahah

Just to save a few tears, if you do use big drag on that rod make sure you use a lanyard so it doesn't go sailing over the side. Make sure you have the video running if you wind it up over 16kg. Just looking at the size of the 2 of you it should prove amusing whether you land the fish or the fish gets you in the water :woohoo:

Good job getting not one but two that size inside the river.

I would love to see a video of anoyone being able to hold on 30kg of drag for any amount of time without a full harness.

I do physical work and am pretty fit and weigh 110kg and I tell you what with anything but a very short rod 15kg drag for anything more than a few minutes is bloody hard work and tough to hold on to.

waldo wrote:

Just to save a few tears, if you do use big drag on that rod make sure you use a lanyard so it doesn't go sailing over the side. Make sure you have the video running if you wind it up over 16kg. Just looking at the size of the 2 of you it should prove amusing whether you land the fish or the fish gets you in the water :woohoo:

Good job getting not one but two that size inside the river.

we got 3 mate it was awesome but 1 lost at the boat :( still have to be happy

fishinking wrote:

yeah angus the sweetlip were great. would have been nice to land that third one though!

cheers

Im still laughing at the pictures of Pauly :P I have seen him before but I swear its mini Franco :P

No offense Pauly :laugh:

Looking forward to your future BR reports guys.

Angus

Mate, I agree with you after about first 15mins you feel as though if you squeeze your butt cheeks any harder the force and pressure will blow your head off...lol

Neighbours wife recorded my 45min epic battle, complete with some very original quotes and a few well known rather colourful quotations sprinkled throughout.

After it all I was shattered, clothes drenched with perspiration, my throat as dry as a Vultures crutch, hands cramped as though still holding rod and reel, muscles burned like the fires of hades and for what, one large very fat very healthy Black-tipped Reef Shark.

p.s... Video suitable for viewing by hardened bullockies only . Others may blush!!!

Angus wrote:

fishinking wrote:
yeah angus the sweetlip were great. would have been nice to land that third one though!

cheers

Im still laughing at the pictures of Pauly :P I have seen him before but I swear its mini Franco :P

No offense Pauly :laugh:

Looking forward to your future BR reports guys.

Angus

hahaha yeh but i catch more fish ahahha!

Archived