Pirtek Challenge Discussion Thread

Angus

So who has actually entered this?

Depending on the species... Is anyone keen touching base early tomorrow morning to team up for a fish?

Should we plan tactics now? Baring in mind we cant travel far in advance due to lack of warning.

Bass: North Pine, Big W or Somerset?

Flathead: Kedron Brook, The Pin, Bribie Passage?

Bream: Brisbane River?

Snapper: The Bay?

These are the species I reckon could feature. But who knows.

Angus

Yep I'm in. Got my hat and mat and keen as !

They are some good ideas Angus, I reckon the Bris river and it's offshoots (like Boggy)will be a good bet if it is a saltwaters estuary species like bream or flathead. Maybe a trip down to the canals at the Gold Coast if it is MJ too.

Would be keen to meet up with some other AFOers if we get the chance, and I might have a deckie spot on my tiny tinny depending on circumstances.

Will stay tuned in to AFO tonite after the announcement is made and we can plan further then. :woohoo:

Jacks, its almost May - thats a big chance in SEQ!

Someone will gert one of the 80cm 14kilo models in Awoonga to clean that up.

Flatties are pretty much the only real chance in SEQ tomorrow anyway with the weather forecast! Lets see if Noname and TJWarren can carry there form through to tomorrow! (If there entered!)

Angus wrote:

Depending on the species... Is anyone keen touching base early tomorrow morning to team up for a fish?

Should we plan tactics now? Baring in mind we cant travel far in advance due to lack of warning.

Angus

Hi Angus and fellow fishos

I will be keen to tag along where you guys end up targeting. I did not enter the challenge but keen to meet you all and fish with you. Early morning is good...nice and fresh. Please message me where you guys go and I will be there to support the teams.

If the wind forecast is wrong, I'll be yakking the flats at Dohles Rocks 2 hours before and after low tide (9:30 to 1:30) . If its right I'll be staying home and wishing them well with my $15 "dontation"!

Also dont forget you blokes you have to write "280" on your brag mate for any submissions ;)

Feral wrote:

If the wind forecast is wrong, I'll be yakking the flats at Dohles Rocks 2 hours before and after low tide (9:30 to 1:30) . If its right I'll be staying home and wishing them well with my $15 "dontation"!

Also dont forget you blokes you have to write "280" on your brag mate for any submissions ;)

with the wind being forecast S/SW, how will the passage fish ???

was thinking this forecast is far bettter than a SE

Faulked and I are planning on fishing the Boggy Creek area from his boat in the morning, and then I'm going to try a local spot in the afternoon. depending on weather it may be Dohles rocks or Cabbage Tree Crk and I may have a deckie spot avail but won't know till midday or so.

Good luck to all.

Angus wrote:

Angus

id like to enter but havent done so yet

Well despite the wind, I am gunna be brave and hit Dohles Rocks. Will be there from about 10:30, how long I stay will depend on how tough the conditions are!. (So yeah could be a donut report up about 11:30ish ;) )

Should be ok until the tide gets moving in about 12ish. Then the wind quartering the incoming tide could get interesting! Probably head for home then at the latest.

Look for the Gray Camry with the Yak trolley trailer or on water the blue tempo, dunno if I can find any AFO gear to wear. Its all still in the wash from the Condamine trip!

noname wrote:

i'm surprised nobody has read the boggy creek reports of late especially if flathead were the target fish for the day?

I did, I commented that you lot had it in the bag with all the recent practice! To far for me to go with the couple of hour leave pass I got!

Archived