Gold coast seaway tomorro night????????

Schilling

Hey all.............. Been hitting up the gold coast seaway a few times over the last few weeks, been a bit slack with the odd trevally and tailor and the usual little bream. Will be trying my luck again tomorrow night after work, does anyone have any tips or secret tricks to catch some good fish down there???????? Usually chuck out some big whole pilchards double hooked hoping for something big, also try in vain with the poppers and some shallow divers along the rock wall ( a very expensive way to fish with the numbers of lures i lose :-( ) Hope everyone keeps warm in this cold weather and keeps catching the big ones!!!!!!!

Cheers Schilling

I was fishing the seaway LB on the weekend, wasnt much happening onthe channel side so i took a look over on the surf beach side (sand pumping jetty side) and thru all the broken water i see these schools of big fish working back and forth along the rocks, about 20m in...

Now for those that know the area, fishing off this side can be very difficult. i decided to throw out a popper as the fish were pretty close to the surface, but the simply werent interested at all :-(

From what i could tell, they looked to be greenbacks running about 60cm or so....

That's where slugs or a slice or two would have come in handy.

When tailor are schooling up like that it can be really dificult to get them to hit a surface lure especially in broken rough water.

I also thinks the flash and movement of a slice or slugs sets them off more too.

better luck next time.

Fresh banana prawns from Coles are the best :)

It works better and cheaper than servo prawns ... stay on longer ...

Woolies prawns are just as fresh but ... could be a superstition ... don't work as good ...

Fresh mullet fillets are great too ... normally use whatever is too big for live bait and fillet them ...

Archived