Brilliant new motorised Yak

rayke1938

Anyone seen the yak with the centre mount leccy that Fitzy is developing? Its in the yak section on sweetwater fishing.

Its so simple and brilliant overcomes all the problems that conventional yaks with rear mounted motors have.Coming on the market soon no pricing at this stage. Does 8kph with 40lb kota.

Got me thinking on cutting a well in my nemo.Just have to find someone who can plastic weld.

Maybe someone can post up the link.

Cheers

Ray

I'm guessing that all yaks have a rudder at the stern, but regardless I'm not convinced the maneuverability would be all the crash hot with a mid mounted lecy. the middle of the boat is generally the pivot point on which the boat turns and thrust at the stern swings the bow/ stern around on the pivot. I would have though a centre mounted trust point would increase the turning circle as the motor is pushing the whole hull in the chosen direction rather as in the case of a stern mount, where the stern is moved in the chosen direction against a central pivot point .. Just a thought .. still it beats the hell out of paddling all day i guess. and its not like you're doing an obstacle course

• 2 weeks later...

the reason why i purchased a kayak was so i could go back to basics, only your physical abillities vs your disired location. you might as well purchase a boat if you want an electric motor.

Carrying the extra equipment is a possible accident waiting to happen, if the kayak rolls, which does happen to even the most skiled, you could be in a bit of trouble.

In saying that it would appeal to 99% of the fishing community, it looks the goods and if its safe it will be a big hit.

well done

• 2 months later...

I read this topic a while ago and was just looking on Ebay and it is about to be released in Aug. Looks good and is all set up ready to go.

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fishing-Kayak-peekaboo-angler-Minn-kota-powerbox_W0QQitemZ220455387418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item33542a411a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

nice i guess ,there is a few of them out there now.

i reckon a boat or a canoe with a motor .

yak is for paddling ,well that's the way i see it.

guess if u have a huge yak,some of them are bigger than canoes .motor would be the go .

in that i have looked at canoes that are bigger and hold more people than a 12 foot tinny.

Archived