Big boat or 'little' boat?

goat_man_baa

As i'm in the market for a new boat next year, and i've well and truly paid my dues in a small tinny, looking to upgrade to a decent sized boat. The two options i'm considering are:

-around 6m boat with a cabin, haven't put too much thought into glass/plate, size of cabin or

-Going halves with a mate in about a 8m game boat.

The advantage of the smaller boat is trailerable and maybe cheaper on fuel, although i'd love the comfort of a game boat.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this, and everybodys thoughts, cheers.

well id go the 6m boat as its cheaper on fuel and trailerable as you have said and i think you would find you would go out more often in the smaller boat as the easiness of things but then again you can go for alot bigger fish in the game boat and it would be much more comfy!

but depends what sort of fishing your doing i guess

cheers

Nathan

maybe the biggest boat u can get on a tri axle trailer.7 m +. 24 foot hanes ,25foot bertrum and 27foot mariner.thats the ones i know of they are flybridge boats .so would be able to be fitted out as a game fisher.all a bit narrow gutted as they go on a trailer.they are a lot and heavy to tow but have know people who have had them and done it.

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

maybe the biggest boat u can get on a tri axle trailer.7 m +. 24 foot hanes ,25foot bertrum and 27foot mariner.thats the ones i know of they are flybridge boats .so would be able to be fitted out as a game fisher.all a bit narrow gutted as they go on a trailer.they are a lot and heavy to tow but have know people who have had them and done it.
a friend has a 9.7 mtr alloy rig sitting on a tandem trailer, it's supposedly legal, but has the flashing lights overwidth signs and flags, can't tow on public holidays. scary towing it up the highway when trucks come into the equation!

Archived