Where are the Snapper??

zeppelin

Hi Guys

Fairly new to the whole Moreton Bay fishing thing as my partner and I recently purchased a 5.2 metre half cabin boat.

Have not had much luck at all except for last weekend at Curtain reef. Caught a beauty Trevlly.

We have tried Mud a few times, Peel twice, Mouth of Brisbane river, St Helena, Harry Atkinsons, only to score a couple of small squire, one tailor and one sweetlip lip.

Been using pilchards, squid and plastics

But back to my question, WHERE ARE THE SNAPPER??

Any help would be appreciated.

See you all at the Brisbane Fishing Comp on June 6 at Manly

They are in every place you have mentioned, however, there is far more to it than location.

Try using little to no sinker, light leaders, fresh baits (ie caught that day if possible) and try fishing around low light periods (dawn & dusk)

As you have only just bought the boat, you have to expect it to take a while before you can expect a feed every time you head out ;)

Try hitting the northern reef on Mud mate. Just sound around the marker first to figure out how the bommies rise and then pick your hang so that the tide/wind is facing your stern say 50 add meters from the deep side of the drop off. Berly the heck out of it then chuck down 1/3 pilly pieces on circle hooks.

I took the Mrs there on the weekend while we were blessed with all that glorious high pressure, caught probably 8 or 9 snapper. Caught some crabs too, we were brining up around 20 sandies in each pot and keeping just the big ones over about 800gm

DELICIOUS!

Archived