Twin Bridges to Kholo

tomca

I remember a thread a while ago suggesting an overnight canoe trip, but can't find it. I think Angus may have floated the idea??

Anyway....with the recent rain having flushed all the weed out of that stretch, I was wondering if its still on the agenda this year. Maybe when the weather starts to warm up again, before the weed chokes it up again.

Just putting it out there.

ok had a bit of a google search and a look about the net can't seam to find much about camping on the river around them areas.

Burton's bridge looks like the only spot in between twin bridges and kholo.

but it could be like savages crossing and no camping these days.

also it in the suburb of borallon,where the prison is.

i mite go for a drive and have a look about the bridge area.

guess u would want to camp in a good sized group and have support vehicles and a caravan or 2 there.

I've paddled the stretch, starting from just below the spillway to Kholo. The original plan was for Colleges but that was scrapped after paddling an entire day with only some stretches with current to aid us :blush:

It's a nice section of water and there's definitely plenty of bass in there. I'll be bringing the leccy this time though :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

chatted to some people today the paddled from burton's bridge to kholo. was chatting to them at kholo about a 7 hr trip they reckon no blockages a few shallow parts but all good .

thats sounds like a great idea.. 7 hrs would make a great day trip.

Im keen, just have to get my yak (not much longer) :)

there is a farmer that has a camp sight right on the river just up stream from twin bridges he lets you camp there dont know the cost- but it looks good nice grassy area tables ext ;) as you cross twin bridges he would be the first farm on the left of the road thats going up stream :) some one from afo could probaly go and see him with what you want to do camp ext : i have spoken to him about a year ago very frendly chap :cheer: al

• 2 weeks later...

Archived