Borumba in June

Tom B

After a 3am start, we finally arrived to a very foggy morning at the dam, there were a couple of boats at the ramp but after a brief chat were only there for redclaw. We then preceeded over to the bay opposite of the ramp and had our lures in the water by 6, shortly followed by a small bass. Then nothing for a few hours, after changing a few spots for no action and a chat to some local bait fishos we moved into a peaceful little bay, first cast and it was on, 75cm of angry toga was crashing through timber and leaping clear of the water, after a few tense moments he ended up in the net. new pb for me (again), caught him on a megabass dog-x jnr which now need new trebles as it was almost destroyed!

and that was just about it for the day, managed 3 more bass on blades (all small), and around 4.30 we dropped a toga around 40cm at the boat [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P6070184_AFO.jpg

post-136-144598496811_thumb.jpg

fee wrote:

is it electric motors only at Borumba..

Nah mate, no motor restrictions at all; which is good and bad. Means it's easy to get about, but there are the usual skiers making tools of themselves, mostly in the main basin, but they do venture further up sometimes...

Nickers has caught her toga on poppers and mine are caught on plastics dropped next to the weed beds. On fly, I've only connected to little ones on grasshopper surface flies.

So as long as they are active, I don't think they are really fussy in Borumba. The bass on the other hand.....

Archived