Brian D

Yo can read this or save you reyes and go to sweetwaterfishing.com.au go to locations qld then wivenhoe

from what ive read wivenhoe is good in winter its hit and miss there are big bass in the dam you gotta find them lots of redclaw or their used to be before they poisoned the weed, a population of tandanus and eel tailed catfish yellowbelly lungfish bass, prob spangled perch large schools of baitfish boat rampp judging by the lack of boat action that wivenhoe gets and that its at 22% apacity i would reckon that it is non existent the public ones anyway call the information centre

by googling wivenhoe info center.

Brian the Cannol Ball would be fine.

Wyvanhoe is famous for its huuuge bass.

However in summer the catfish can be a problem.

However as werewolf will tell you, the catfish get so big in wyvanhoe they are a fun adventure in their own right.

There are also plenty of Tilapia getting up to 50cm!

Angus

Plenty of EXTRA large forktail catfish there. Ramp is still useable for 4wd was a bit iffy for 2wd last time i had a look there. Gates are unlocked around 6am by the ranger if he hasnt slept in. sometimes it may be 630ish.

Feral may still have a photo of me taken last winter when the painter broke whilst launching. Its good for a laugh.

Ray

Thanks guys.

Jeff: more permits R U kidding - a permit to fish and a permit to launch.

I don't mind catfish - they go hard. Besides last time a caught catfish I went home with 2 new rods.;):)

Ray I suppose the X-trail counts as a 4wd so I might just give it ago after lenthals.

Are we talking lures or bait?

Wivanhoe is considered a potentially dangerous place for electrics, particularly with the water down so low, there are huge exposed bars of land where there used to be easy navigation across the bays, meaning that the distance you need to travel is quite large. It would be easy to get caught in a summer storm, electrics just dont have the grunt to make a dash for home.

If you go there Brian, stay within a reasonable distance from the launch point, it is easy to go a long long way and not realise it.

Brian D wrote:

Thanks guys.

Jeff: more permits R U kidding - a permit to fish and a permit to launch.

I don't mind catfish - they go hard. Besides last time a caught catfish I went home with 2 new rods.;):)

Ray I suppose the X-trail counts as a 4wd so I might just give it ago after lenthals.

Are we talking lures or bait?

not kidding brian i read it on a notice board outside the big w information center a couple of weeks ago you need a permit to use a boat on wyvenhoe, somersett and a couple of others out that way as well as a fishing licence

Archived