Trevally down the coast

aussiebass40

depends if your landbased or boat mate. but if your landbased try off the rockwall at the mouth of the tweed river. generally smaller ones there but u can pick up the odd stonker. for lures, your best off going through a range or different types. try slugs, plastics, shallow divers, poppers and move around as much as u can. early morning generally works better also.

- early morning

- favorite lure = 4 inch slam minnow white

- structure

goood luck :laugh:

Mate - I used to fish Tweed river Jack Evans Rock wall from my little tinny and caught heaps of Trev's on double tail green sp's. Very doable. Not sure that it's the right time of year for that type of fishing.

Big Gt's can be caught on large poppers at the half way beach in the tweed river when the mullet school up. Both sides of the half way wall are productive.

The other thing I did for trev's was live prawns under the Terronora overpass M1 bridge on the eb tide turning to go out. Next to the red light.

With your tinny I would try drifting the south side wall on incoming, then move to the north walls as the tide turns.

Don't forget to try for a jew.

Gezzzz they were some good days, good luck.

The problem I found with the tweed is you need to be in more then one place at the same time.

Big Gt's can be caught on large poppers at the half way beach in the tweed river when the mullet school up. Both sides of the half way wall are productive.

Do this from just before the top of the tide until the turn of the tide in the main river, then move the tinny around half way point and fish towadrs the beach. Give it 10 mins if no surface action hot foot it back to Jack Evans, give that ten mins and if no fish head quickly up Terranora ways.

THis is also doable by land and is sometimes quicker and more productive.

One day I did the following routine from a car.

Fished and caught Gt's at half way break wall on poppers,

Moved to Jack evens and scored heaps of big eye trevs on double tails

moved to Boyds Bay and spun up choppers on metal slugs

moved to Terranora, pick up a huge mud crab and live prawns

moved to M1 scored a heap of small trevs on live prawns

moved to Cobaki (spelling) and scored flat head.

That was one mother of a session. I could not have done it in a boat.

Archived