livebait aerators

jeff f

what sort of live bait pumps does everyone use?i just found my old minnow-miser livebait aerator in the shed while ratting round and hooked her up, much to my surprise it still works, hasn't been used since '01 i bought it in '96 and its seen alot of hard use, sometimes left on nonstop for days. these things have to be the best aeration system around,cooling the water as well as aerating it, they might cost a bit more than the standard aquarium type pumps but they sure are durable

Jeff - that's what I am looking at today.

I got a 240 volt setup at home and some battery operated portables for the boat but as usual i want a better set up that I can wire to the 12volt in the boats.

Any suggestions - I would like to be able to move it from boat to boat depending whic one I'm using.;)

Bias here I come

I've got an elcheapo 240volt unit that came in a small aquarium I bought, it failed and killed a banded grunter I was acclimatising for the big aquarium.

I have a surecatch battery operated unit, I have run that for a week on 1 D cell, and it was still going (although noticeably slower).

And of course I have the yew bewt 240 volt aquarium one, which is a model 700 something or other with multiple filtration, carbon, sponge and plates for bacteria to grow on, which was $20 from Big W, Blows that much water and bubbles the redclaw cant keep its antenna straight in a 120litre tank. They have a 200 model for about $13 that might be the go for a smaller size tank of large bucket. They come with all sorts of pipes and connections for different applications.

The $10 special from Amart. Despite having to modify it after the switch failed after two outings but it keeps my bait healthy so can't complain.

Attached is my landbased live bait setup. Note the modded aerator. [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_1187.jpg

Post edited by: werewolf, at: 2007/02/10 13:37

post-125-144598407053_thumb.jpg

Archived