First step to saying goodbye to landbased

superstryda

Hey everyone, just picked up a little bargain(I think) :) . 3.7m Stacer tinnie with a 8hp Johnson 93 model, was used as a tender so there is no trailer which makes it a little difficult to take home, trying to borrow one for tomorrow so I can pick it up but I have found a place down the coast that sells cheap used trailers which I will look at. Motor runs OK but I will get it looked at to make sure. The only thing wrong with it is a tiny bit of corrosion, a couple of pin holes just above the chine on 1 side, bottom looks good, no leaks(except for the chine). Personally I don't think it will be hard to fix as the holes are tiny but this is my first boat, a little project to work on, so I can't really speak from experience :huh: . Didn't take the camera so I don't have any pics yet but I will post some when I pick it up, hopefully tomorrow :) Any advice would be appreciated. If anyone has a trailer they no longer use that they want to get rid of to suit a 3.7m please pm me. Oops, forgot to tell you what I paid, $730.00!

try some of the trailer manufs, when the tinnies went to wide body's some mans had a heap of trailere that were no longer any good, to narrow to fit the boats, belco were selling them for $125 each but onlt frame and axles, still cheaper than new, they were all gal'd up too. so maybe a ring around might be the go.

belco trailers

sea link trailers

redco / mayfair trading or trailers

even some boat yards have 2nd hand trailers from time to time as well, i will find out monday if you like, can also see the lads down the road too, they have heaps of boats and trailers.

rob

Congrates mate, many happy hours to come.

You sure you are not Ray in disguise? He is always buying projects like yours, which leeds me to say there is noone better to ask for advise about this type of thing then either Ray or his little boy Feral. They both know how to do things proper and not so expensive.

For skill - have a look at the job Tom B has done on his little tinny.

well done .sounds like a good buy .

small trailer for a 3.7 should be easy to get.

u will have to get rego for it too trailer and boat .as the motor is over 4 hp.

as it was a tender to a bigger boat i would guess it did not have rego.

i have a tinny that size and the trailer is still broken ,so i move it around with a box trailer or in the back of my mates ute .ally trey ute .easy enough to lift in and out and move.

Thanks guys, on my way to pick it up shortly, managed to borrow a box trailer from family. I think I might have to have a chat with Ray or Feral by the sounds of it.

Hey Rob, thanks for that info, if you could find out on monday for me that would be great or pm me with some phone numbers or names of who to talk to that would be appreciated.

And yes it isn't registered but I can't imagine that being too hard but I could be wrong, never had to get one registered before.

And Dan, always keep your eyes open for a bargain, they're out there.

hey good stuff man that will get you around the river no worries

i'm in a blue and white 445 4 seasons sea wasp if you see me out on the water (once you get floating!) wave me down

or if your boat starts filling with water wave me down harder and jump in haha :P

Archived