URGENT Wyaralong Dam Draft management plan

I have pinched this link from fitzys website.

The words are mine.

The politicians are at it again.The wyaralong dam draft management plan has been releasd about a week ago and the closing date for comment is 20/7/09.

The plan is 80 odd pages long and it takes a bit of wading through lots of bulldust to find out that the fishing community has been done over again. You look through the community groups that have been consulted and not one fishing body is listed.

They are proposing only non powered vessels allowed not even lecys. Mention of non hook fishing areas. Treacle tins and carbide?? Canoe polo, dragon boat racing.

Some of the things that they propose do sound good and will be a benefit ti the local community but what a bit more for the fishos ?

You only have a few days to read and comment.

Here are the links.

Cheers

Ray

http://wyaralongdam.com.au/Portals/1/Draft%20Recreation%20Management%20Plan.pdf

Comments need to be submitted before July 22 to the following:

Writing:

PO Box 15940

CITY EAST QLD 4002

Email:

enquiries@wyaralongdam.com.au

Here are a few more email addresses where you can send your concerns.

premier@ministerial.qld.gov.au

dpi@ministerial.qld.gov.au

tourism@ministerial.qld.gov.au

I know of a well versed Fisho who had input in to this dam management plan, I also know another fisho who has a good mate who is going to be building the dam, and already has instructions about taking his GPS where ever he goes and logging any structure he finds!

Come on people, fisho's need to have their input into this proposal, even if it only a few words. If you have seen what the EPA (or whatever they call themselves these days) are doing in WA you'd be horrified, and this same thinking will come over here. e.g. TAC's for reco's, huge fishing licence costs.

Please reply asap, I did.

This is exert from Saltwater Flyfishing.

"Well the news in the West has been all about the new fishing tax,some familys will have to pay more than $700 to go fishing,kayakers will get off a bit lighter,it will be $180 to launch the kayak and catch a Snapper,this guy Minister Moores mates wanted to make it $500 or even $1000 to catch Snapper,we are lucky at the moment.

The West Australia fishing community are numb with shock,,its come out of nowhere

Not sure if you have to be a member of the site but heres http://www.fishwrecked.com with a few comments and info. Basiclly Mr Moore admitted on radio yesterday he hopes to price fishing out of reach of most people as a way as preserving fish stocks"

Norm

I think its fairly obvious by the list of "stakeholders" that they deliberately avoided talking to any fishing organisation at all. I'd say SMEC have a greenie running the agenda. I'll ask my mate what the go is with the dodgy consultation process next week.

i put forward my thoughts on making sure there is sufficent water for fisher men and all so start a cod and other native stocking. would be weird for a greenie to contact mountain bike groups as the riders break their special trees that they hug all the time, they create corrosion and terrorise the koala population with them noisy wheel ratchets :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived