NPD 11/9/09

rayke1938

Beeing the eternal optimist i fronted up there once again for another donut.Lost 4 lures to the trees. They are very hard to extract from the branches you can feel the tackle back bouncing on them but cant get them out.The lures are only supposed to go to 15 feet but I am hooking up in 20 feet looks like I will have to increase line from 6 lb to 15 and a 20 lb leader then I may have a chance to rip them back.

Trolled everywhere and bait fished for an hour or so in a few different spots. Next trip will have to revert to spinnerbaits and see if my luck will change.

One day i am going to be able to use my recently aquired tagging skills. :blush:

Got around 15 litres of redclaw so trip still worth while.Shrimp very scarce only got 10.

No size to the redclaw but enough for a pig out.

There is always another day.

Cheers

Ray IMG_1197_AFO.jpg

Forgot to mention the shags are back in force one flock took nearly 15 minutes to pass.

Another flock were feeding in the bottom bay. Going by the sounder whatever they were eating were very small and sitting at 15 to 20 feet so there was no pelicans feeding with them there was no large fish showing in amongst them.

Cheers

Ray

Archived