Fun flick.

pinkey

Went for a fish with Brisfisher targeting a few bream on lures at a new spot i tried and caught a few the other day in the Brisbane river, pm me if you really want to know the general area. Fished hard for a few hours and finally got rewarded with a few nice fish. Couple of nice bream, Brisfisher got his on a camo worm and i got mine on a megabass silent griffon. Fish of the day was a real supprise and im pretty stoked. I hooked somthing solid on a gulp shrimp that i knew was not a bream! after a intense fight on 4lb fireline and 9lb mono leader, a 79cm thready was on the bank, quick pic on my phone and then back into the water kicking off strong. Good day out Dom and cheers for helping me land my fish hahaha B).

Photo0031_AFO.jpg

camo worm

Yeah, thought it may have been you but wasn't sure.Haven't been catching much around there lately been bussing it to regatta then city catting downriver to newstead and beyond to try and find some cleaner water. Was gonna climb in the roof to get your shrimp back but had to catch the boat :P

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

oh. was it you two blokes i met at regatta this morning? terrible wind lol. you guys saw my most embarassing casts of the morning lol.

not a good day for me, only 1 27cm bream and 1 30+ cm flattie

haha i'd pay to see those casts!

sounds like you guys had a nice session and nice thready to boot!

Thanks guys,

Was using 9lb mono leader because brisbane river bream are not shy and are quite uneducated and theres always a chance of some decant bycatch, also its the lightest leader i have atm lol. I was glad it was not 4lb leader when i felt the weight of a thready. Jighead was just a 1/24 nitro.. Retrieve was just normal bream style.

Yeah huge thready on camo worm dom :P.

pinkey wrote:

Thanks guys,

Was using 9lb mono leader because brisbane river bream are not shy and are quite uneducated and theres always a chance of some decant bycatch, also its the lightest leader i have atm lol. I was glad it was not 4lb leader when i felt the weight of a thready. Jighead was just a 1/24 nitro.. Retrieve was just normal bream style.

mm.. 1/24 jighead.. the lightest i can get away with is normally 1/12. wanna do a session next week pinkey? i think i can squeeze in a short session.

pinkey wrote:

Thanks guys,

lol il show u how its done!

Archived