heading to Manly Jetty

Do$tylz

hey all,

if anyone is bored and is keen to fish you are more than welcome to join a few professional amatuers in a spot of fishing at the Manly boat harbour jetty thing tonight. Im heading there now and will be there for a few hours.

Dunno what its exactly called but we'll be there. Hopefully my new SX40 will rock :)

if we go ok i'll put up a report tomorrow...pending how busy work gets :)

Angus wrote:

That SX40 should work well around the pilons.

Id wish you luck but i think you have already gone :)

Angus

yeah that sx40 looked awesome in the water but no joy with any fish attention.

just wondering if you follow the \"how to use\" instructions given in the little page they include in the box?

but caught a nice tiger prawn about 25 odd cm, and a 20cm banana prawn.

also got about 12, 20cm tailor in the cast net. Season's on its way.

Its a wonder you didnt get a tailor on the SX40. I would have thought those little suckers would not have been able to resist.

As for how to use it, i always use different retrieves and see whats working on the day. Either like a consistant medium paced retrieve, a jerky retrieve or whatever.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Its a wonder you didnt get a tailor on the SX40. I would have thought those little suckers would not have been able to resist.

As for how to use it, i always use different retrieves and see whats working on the day. Either like a consistant medium paced retrieve, a jerky retrieve or whatever.

Angus

yeah they probably can't resist the lure, just the angler that they didnt like :) .

I guess i'll just keep having a go at it. Cheers for the tips.

Cow - yeah if i'd have known that tailor would have been there i woulda brought some pillies.

Archived