"Thar be monster 'n dat thar criek"

mookystiks

Well Saturday being talk like a pirate day, and me being a pirate wench from wayyyyy back

(historical re-enactment not the movie ripping kind) I decided to take an early mark and head up the chute for some livebait to try to match Ryans recent luck.

By the time I got there it was blowing so hard all I could catch in me net was my own feet!

Headed back to the highway to hit up Shorncliffe boatramp instead, and hit a roadblock of traffic at nudgee! Oh well then, might hit the nudgee ramp instead. Over an hour later and 4 poddy mullet to show for my hard work – made a quick stop at BCF to pick up an aerator and headed for home with every intention to hit the jetty.

Text from my other half shows half his face covered in blood! Quick trip to emergency for stitches and I get back to the jetty about 9:30pm! Priorities here people!!

lgim0251.jpg

So the catch? Nothing on the live bait – seriously nothing!! Not even a tickle.

Luckily had some fresh prawns left over from Humpnight fishing and withing 30secs of dropping them over, got hit like a truck!!

It was heavy, slow headshakes quick runs, “maybe maybeâ€, quick flick of silver in the water.

It was big, heavy, surely it was something special, wheres the net???

Into the net and . . . . . another bloody bream! A big one yes, but not my jewie.

She went 38cm and fat, tricky to get a shot of, my hands being so small!

dsc00856h.jpg

dsc00853f.jpg

Dropped another 2 prawns over the side, and pulled in a small cattie, 1 pot bait down.

Dropped another 2 prawns over the side, and pulled in a Monster cattie.

This one went over 50cm, fought like a flattie and would turn for the net.

dsc00861ei.jpg

So 1 good bream and enough bait for 4 pots. One bear with a very sore head and another fun session in the creek.

Archived