Albert River SEQ

Brian D

Had a early go in the Albert - was going to just stock up on prawns but quickly things change. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of prawns but the bony bream where getting smashed so when in Rome do what the Romans do.

Sharks, sharks and more sharks - only small ones but good fighters. I ended up boating about 6 and just as many do me in.

One shark actualy got attacked by another at the side of the boat.

Good fun and I didn't see another boat all day.

Here's the spot X [img size=428]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/alb.JPG

post-118-144598408335_thumb.jpg

Yeah Jeff - too many - I gave about a KG to the kids on the jetty. The only thing taking them where cat fish.

Sharks have scared off all the fish.

Thanks werewolf - they were on fire and fighting realy well. Another week and they'll be gone I reakon. Beware at Straddie - when the sharks leave they attack anything on the way out.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/11 15:33

Hi Feral - Yeah I was a bit worried washing off the sun screen from my hand - so much so I used a bucket.

I use the little yammy and the electric. The yammy goes way better without a fat frenchie in the front seat. Just kiddin Pierre - I loaded up the tansom with heaps of weight and used the bilge pump to fill a couple of eskies. Still haven't filled in the holes yet. I better do that soon.

Ray go up to between the Eglaby ramp and the highway. Just past the ramp the is a whole about 20+ foot at low tide. Get some live mullet and/or bony bream, big oversize hooks, no weight, clip on wire traces are good enough and hang on. Don't be affraid to let them have a run. The 6 or so I dropped was cause of too smaller hooks and stricking too early. Oh yeah and they swim at the boat so I used a very light anchor - just enough to hold but light enough so the sharks could drag the boat. Good luck. It was all over by about 10am so I went down the river where I got some more.

Archived