Cabbage Tree Creek 25/10/09 Report+Pics

Rocket75

After yesterdays successful trip to CIW I took CEDRIC for a creek sneek this morning.

Faulked was keen (as always) for a fish so we met at the ramp for a quick paddle/peddle.

I was a bit late to the ramp so Faulked was already on the water when I got there at 5.40.

His choice of vessel for the day was a trusty old canoe, and he started the morning off with a small flatty before my lures had touched the water.

Conditions were perfect early with glassy water and a gentle breeze.

CTC251009005.jpg

There was no surface activity evident, so we cast and trolled shallow divers and metal blades along drop off and near the moored boats.

CTC251009003.jpg

CTC251009002.jpg

CEDRIC and I finished the day with the "Estuary Trinity" with one of each Flatty (45cm), Bream (23cm), and Whiting (15cm).

Add to that a toad fish that took a liking to my trolled lure and it wasn't a bad way to spend a Sunday morning.

CTC251009009.jpg

Not sure what Jase ended up with, but I know he scored a couple of flatties and a bream or two as well.

CTC251009007.jpg

There were planty of other kayaks out enjoying the cracking early conditions, most were just out for a paddle but seemed happy to share the water with a peddle-powered

fisho.

CEDRIC got a few envious glances and positive comments thrown his way which was nice.

Here he is redy to go home after chalking up some new yak-species for the team.

CTC251009011.jpg

Thanks for the company Jase, you need to get that big boat sold and get a Hobie to save your aching arms :P

Rocket

yoyo wrote:

rocket, you gotta get yourself some scottys and some rod holder extensions for the back as well ! make life a heap easier and also more conducive to going offshore (otherwise your reels will get soaked)

yeh mate, when I get the confidence and motivation to go offshore I'll definitly look into that.

roclet

brissy fish wrote:

Hey there guys :)

just wondering how much a "CEDRIC" would cost.... with all the trims???

Hi brissy fish,

not sure how much to buy new one.

I bought him used (Hobie Sport 2007 model) for $1500.00 from a private seller on KFDU and thought it was a good buy.

Came with everything you see (except the yellow crate :P ) and the front rod holder extensions.

Yo-Yo recently bought a new one, maybe he can give you a ball park figure.

rocket

BrissyFish, depending on what you consider to be 'all the trims', for a hobie sport

setup like mine you are look at (new) about $2700.

I got mine a fair bit cheaper than that but it's a long story....

The great things about hobie's are that, whilst they may seem expensive at face value, they do come standard with things that are extra for other kayaks, like a paddle & seat, which depending on your tastes, can actually cost a fair bit.

They also come with the in-hull 8 inch tackle box.

I have rear rod holder extensions and also twin forward scotty mounts sitting ontop of extensions themselves (keeps reels away from saltwater).

i'll have to take a pic and post it up so you know what i'm talking about...

Archived